Dynavin-exposed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 350 W219
Dynavin-exposed

Hi guys

I've been looking for an upgrade for my factory navigation unit Audio 50 Aps. because it is completely useless. In my search I found that there are many options for people like me, but there are few important steps, before you can install an aftermarket navigation system on your car.
- Do you have fiber optic MOST system - if you have Audio 50 Aps, Command NTG. 1, than, yeah you are with fiber optic MOST system and you options just shrink a lot, because most of the aftermarket systems are made for the basic CD system, which is with the same cabling as the NTG 2.5 system.
- Do you have an amplifier - some of the optic fiber MOST after market system claim that they can support the original AMP., but most of them are honet enough to tell you that their unit will be the only amp in the system an they can't support the original one, so that means if you are with BOSE, HK, LOGIC7 the audio quality will be crap.

My car has audio 50 aps with standard speakers without amp., so for me is just semi difficult to find an after market system and in my search I spotted a lot of discussions about DYNAVIN. when I checked their web site I was very pleasantly surprised that they have a system compatible with the MOST on my car, but unfortunately without the latest software D99+ which offers Android O.S. and internet function. If you search hard you can find quite a lot of systems like dynavin for half price from the Chinese marked (alibaba.com).
I've tried to contact dynavin for weeks and just recently they replied to me that they are not making any more the MOST compatible units and that there won't be any tech support for them and the biggest thing which I found was this web site : http://www.dynavin.co.uk/dynavin-com-exposed/ - those fellows use to be the British salesmen for dynavin, but they stoped working with them because of the poor quality and the many problems, which their products cause.
So gentlemen what would you recommend me, should I risk and buy a cheap Chinese unit like the dynavin one for 500-600$ and see what happens. Should I just upgrade to Command NTG1 and buy the Bluetooth adapter and be with a decade old system with quite limited functions.
Should I try to upgrade to NTG 2.5 by rewiring all the speakers from MOST to normal cabling.
Or do you have any other suggestions or recommendations what to do and what unit to install, so it is original looking like the dynavin products. I have a budget of 1000$, but if it is worth I can increase it to 1500$.

Thanks in advance and please share your experiences with aftermarket nav/audio products for W211/219
Old 07-21-2013, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 W211 E500
Don't bother with cheap knock off crap. Save up and buy a proper headunit and amplifier. Do it once and do it right.

Im running a Kenwood DNX690HD and a JL 5 channel amp.