E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Keyless driver door access problem HELP!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E-240
Question Keyless driver door access problem HELP!!

HI i have a 2005 E-240 with key-less Go

I am having problem with only driver door, its not working for keyless Go rest all are.
Can any one tell me what could be the problem and how can i fix it?

Thanks.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 203 Likes on 140 Posts
W212 M276 DELA 30 ; W211 OM642 ; R107 M117, Sierra 1500 LZ0
Originally Posted by moazzam617
HI i have a 2005 E-240 with key-less Go

I am having problem with only driver door, its not working for keyless Go rest all are.
Can any one tell me what could be the problem and how can i fix it?

Thanks.
It's only the driver's door because that's the one that gets the most use. Consider yourself lucky that your door handle lasted 8 years, although more likely than not, the PO had to replace it several times. I had two replaced under warranty, and my driver's side has failed again.

Basically, the rubber gasket splits and water gets in, destroying the electronics. It's only a matter of time, and the design was never improved. You can't just fix part of it, it requires a replacement of the entire door handle unit.

Add it to the list of cheap implementations of poorly thought out electronics which will ensure I never purchase another MB again.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:47 PM

2005 E-240
Originally Posted by DubVBenz
It's only the driver's door because that's the one that gets the most use. Consider yourself lucky that your door handle lasted 8 years, although more likely than not, the PO had to replace it several times. I had two replaced under warranty, and my driver's side has failed again.

Basically, the rubber gasket splits and water gets in, destroying the electronics. It's only a matter of time, and the design was never improved. You can't just fix part of it, it requires a replacement of the entire door handle unit.

Add it to the list of cheap implementations of poorly thought out electronics which will ensure I never purchase another MB again.
Thanks for the information after reading this i think i should forget getting it fix rather let it be the way it is ...
sorry for my bad English :P
Old 07-23-2013, 09:55 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
If it has lasted eight years, I would get it replaced. Find out how much the part is. You can change it yourself if you are willing to unscrew one TORX screw. Total time it takes to change a front exterior door handle is less than 5 minutes. No computer coding or dealer visit required.

Thanks for the information after reading this i think i should forget getting it fix rather let it be the way it is ...
sorry for my bad English :P
Old 07-24-2013, 07:18 AM

2005 E-240
Thanks apl175 for the advice i think i can do that.
are there any other possibilities or cause of not working ??

Last edited by moazzam617; 07-24-2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:31 AM

Thanks apl175 for the advice i think i can do that.
are there any other possibilities or cause of not working ??
There are many other possibilities, but this is probably the most like case. Are both the "lock" and "unlock" feature broken on that door handle, or is it just the unlock? Usually the unlock button on the inside of the door handle will break first.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:28 AM

2005 E-240
Originally Posted by apl175
There are many other possibilities, but this is probably the most like case. Are both the "lock" and "unlock" feature broken on that door handle, or is it just the unlock? Usually the unlock button on the inside of the door handle will break first.
Both the feature lock and unlock are gone
are there any sensors or fuse for this which might have burnt out or something
Old 07-24-2013, 12:32 PM

Does the rear door on same side keyless entry still work? If so sensor is good as there is only one sensor per side.

There are MANY other possibilities that could lead to keyless entry not working. What I have explained is the MOST LIKELY issue. If you want to rule out ALL OTHER issues first, you must go to a shop with the MB diagnostic tool where they will tell you exactly what is wrong. This is the risk of getting help on these boards - no one here can diagnose your car definitively, and may give you the incorrect solution.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:41 PM

2005 E-240
Originally Posted by apl175
Does the rear door on same side keyless entry still work? If so sensor is good as there is only one sensor per side.

There are MANY other possibilities that could lead to keyless entry not working. What I have explained is the MOST LIKELY issue. If you want to rule out ALL OTHER issues first, you must go to a shop with the MB diagnostic tool where they will tell you exactly what is wrong. This is the risk of getting help on these boards - no one here can diagnose your car definitively, and may give you the incorrect solution.
yes the rear door on same is working perfectly
i think i will go to a diagnostic center for the problem.
Thanks apl175 for your help and effort.