E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Lexus feeling heat from MB

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 2.00 average.

Old 09-05-2003, 05:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Exclamation Lexus feeling heat from MB

WSJ 9/5/03: "Sales of Lexus LS are down 20% this year through the end of August. In contrast, Mercedes-Benz car sales are up 13% for the year to date. The LS has been overshadowed the redesigned E-class sedan."
Old 09-05-2003, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
nice

and thats the way it should be
Old 09-05-2003, 05:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 CLK55AMG
Good News

I love it. The Lexus dealer in my area is a 1st class a$$.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:21 PM
Guest0001

Re: Lexus feeling heat from MB

Originally posted by konigstiger
WSJ 9/5/03: "Sales of Lexus LS are down 20% this year through the end of August. In contrast, Mercedes-Benz car sales are up 13% for the year to date. The LS has been overshadowed the redesigned E-class sedan."
good news!!!
Old 09-05-2003, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan/2008 M3 Coupe M-DCT/1996 328i (Gone)/1988 190E 2.3 (Gone)
Maybe 20% of their customers started finding out they are actually getting a Toyota instead.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Geez....maybe someone should rush over and post that on the Lexus Board. Seems like everytime an article comes out that is negative to MB, someone with the word "Lex" or "LS" in thier name posts it on this board.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 CLK55AMG
No, why do them any favors.

Originally posted by etenn
Geez....maybe someone should rush over and post that on the Lexus Board. Seems like everytime an article comes out that is negative to MB, someone with the word "Lex" or "LS" in their name posts it on this board.
Let 'em remain ignorant.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Almost a Member!

1998 Lexus GS400
I am a Lexus owner, (no my handle does not incorporate LS or Lexus!). So let me address this post, first off, the LS is has been in this design cycle since 2001 while the E class got a clean slate makeover for 03. Second why not compare total sales? The RX has trounced the M class ever since its inception. (Dont believe me, read the latest Motor Trend comparo).

Lastly, why do owners of opposing marques have to take such offensive stances when it comes to one another? Why do M/B owners, or Lexus owners have to ignorant, or dumb or whatever? The fact that we all sit a computer for hours on end blabbing about cars show that we are all gearhead freaks, why not just be cool and co-exist.

M/B has some great designs and so so reliability, Lexus has great reliability and is kinda sterile (nothing the aftermarket cant resolve!!!). See there it is, and no name calling was needed.

Be cool guys
Old 09-06-2003, 04:50 PM
Guest0001

Originally posted by ARISTO
I am a Lexus owner, (no my handle does not incorporate LS or Lexus!). So let me address this post, first off, the LS is has been in this design cycle since 2001 while the E class got a clean slate makeover for 03. Second why not compare total sales? The RX has trounced the M class ever since its inception. (Dont believe me, read the latest Motor Trend comparo).

Lastly, why do owners of opposing marques have to take such offensive stances when it comes to one another? Why do M/B owners, or Lexus owners have to ignorant, or dumb or whatever? The fact that we all sit a computer for hours on end blabbing about cars show that we are all gearhead freaks, why not just be cool and co-exist.

M/B has some great designs and so so reliability, Lexus has great reliability and is kinda sterile (nothing the aftermarket cant resolve!!!). See there it is, and no name calling was needed.

Be cool guys
the reason most MB people despise lexus is because lexus design is a knockoff mercedes

i will continue to hate lexus until they hire some decent designers

thank you

Last edited by Guest0001; 09-06-2003 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
aristo i completely agree with you. we tend to bash on lexus, and thier owners because numerous times before, members from clublexus come here and bash on us for no reason. its hard to believe they even own a lexus because the way they act is so babyish. i remember even seeing a mod!! from that board come here and bash on MB.
Old 09-06-2003, 05:03 PM

211E55, CLK55(sold), LX470, LS430

Be cool guys
Well said Aristo! I think the reason why you and I can see the good things on both cars is that we have both cars. For most people, they would like to think what they have is the best. For most people who owns MB only, they despise LX, and vice versa.
Old 09-06-2003, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 W211 aka E-500
case in point

Aristo,

The reason we're so quick to slam Lexus folks, is because, as bmms8 stated, we are the victims of "drive-by's" from Lexus boards, for lack of a better term. Some new MBWorld member will jump in, slam the Mercedes Benzes, tout the Lexii, and then when they're done trolling, disappear.
For example:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ighlight=lexus

This thread shows how we MBWorlders are supportive regarding Lexus news, and when we are not, we are generally very civil about it and do our best to present our arguments with evidence and example. No baseless "MB Rules, Lexus Sucks!" proclamations from here. For example:

However, repeated drive bys as illustrated in the first example are why we are so quick to be on the defensive, as we are in this current thread.

Hope this clears things up. While I don't speak for anyone else, I believe you are very welcome here as an MB owner of not, as is everyone else, as long as posts are not trolling or flames. Even disagreement is welcome, as long as it is intelligent and reasoned.

BTW, Aristo, is this you?
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/memb...o&userid=12696

Hope you stick around,

EDJ

Last edited by ElDiabloJoe; 09-06-2003 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-06-2003, 05:23 PM
Almost a Member!

1998 Lexus GS400
Thanks for the replys guys,

Noblert- is still a little ticked off from past "drive-bys" eh?
As far as Lexus copying M/B, that is one of those revolving door type discussions that ends up no where, so I wont address.

554me- I dont own a M/B, my grandad has a 01 S500 though (love that torque). I signed on to this forum when i was thinking of selling my GS for a Eclass (I have since decided to stay with Lexus).

Bottom Line- I'm a car nut, so I think Lexus looks/performs great, and is reliable, BMW M cars are the best looking factory vehicles in the world, M/B has punched all sports car owners in the mouth with the E55!!

Thanks for the replys again guys and someone should sticky this, M/B AND LEXUS OWNERS GET ALONG!! Who woulda thunk it
Old 09-06-2003, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 W211 aka E-500
Update

Update. I checked out that troll, JerseySC's, forum. Apparently he's a boot rookie over there as well. He tried to advertise the flames he did here, and they shot him down. See:
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...threadid=92002

Of course, if you believe in Karma....
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...threadid=90733

EDJ
Old 09-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Guest0001

edj that was great man lol
Old 09-06-2003, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW 550i
I think Aristo hit the nail on the head. Being a member of both boards, ClubLexus being longer since I owned the Lexus first, I have found most people on both boards to be very nice and civilized. Cross site bashing is totally unnecessary, and certainly does not represent the full bunch.

Alas, the great Lexus/BMW/Mercedes comparing and bashing sessions will continue on for as long as those companies exist, but I wouldn't have it any other way. It's called competition, and it helps everyone in the long run. It really comes down to people taking themselves/their car too seriously. I am member of other non-car boards too, and the same thing happens constantly.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:59 PM

Lexus GS 450h
Here we go again. Jeez commen sense tells u the older a model=less sales the newer the model=(Better_ more sales.

BOth are awesome cars.
Old 09-06-2003, 10:01 PM

Lexus GS 450h
Here we go again. Jeez commen sense tells u the older a model=less sales the newer the model=(Better_ more sales.

BOth are awesome cars.

Pic of the freshned 04 model.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus feeling heat from MB-04ls430.jpg  
Old 09-06-2003, 10:25 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 186 Likes on 135 Posts
According to the new M/T the GS430 gets a complete redo next year, that might be a better time to make comps to the new E.
Old 09-06-2003, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 W211 aka E-500
If...

If that's a Lexus, why is there a Toyota "Chop" on the grille?

And we're not going at this again, we already reached a consensus about three posts ago that we can all get along.

EDJ
Old 09-06-2003, 11:16 PM
lig

was '03 E320 - now - '04 S4
I go both ways. I mean I have both an MB and a Lexus. :LOL:

Totally different animals.

The thing that cracks me up is both of these boards bash Honda - which I have too - and love! :p

It seems to me the worst offenders are the owners of the cheapest examples of the marques - the C-Class owners and the ES owners seem to be the most juvenile posters...
Old 09-06-2003, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Quote...(Originally posted by Etenn

"Geez....maybe someone should rush over and post that on the Lexus Board. Seems like everytime an article comes out that is negative to MB, someone with the word "Lex" or "LS" in thier name posts it on this board."

.__________________

.....the Reply:

. See there it is, and no name calling was needed.
Be cool guys
I think you misunderstood my point.
If you check my original post that you replied to you should notice the "rolleye" sarcastic smiley.

My point was that no one from this board (as far as I know) ever goes over to the Lexus board and trolls. We get it fairly often here from a few on the Lexus board.

EDJ may have just been the first from here to post on the other board.:p I notice that it was not any better received than the trolls from the Lexus boards are here.:p

The question is why do some Lexus owners feel the need to run over here and troll?

Last edited by etenn; 09-06-2003 at 11:37 PM.
Old 09-06-2003, 11:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Never liked Lexus much, I still belive they are over priced, even if the Service department is the best in comparison to other dealers.
Old 09-07-2003, 12:18 AM

Re: case in point

Originally posted by ElDiabloJoe
Aristo,

The reason we're so quick to slam Lexus folks, is because, as bmms8 stated, we are the victims of "drive-by's" from Lexus boards, for lack of a better term. Some new MBWorld member will jump in, slam the Mercedes Benzes, tout the Lexii, and then when they're done trolling, disappear.
For example:

This thread shows how we MBWorlders are supportive regarding Lexus news, and when we are not, we are generally very civil about it and do our best to present our arguments with evidence and example. No baseless "MB Rules, Lexus Sucks!" proclamations from here. For example:

However, repeated drive bys as illustrated in the first example are why we are so quick to be on the defensive, as we are in this current thread.

Hope this clears things up. While I don't speak for anyone else, I believe you are very welcome here as an MB owner of not, as is everyone else, as long as posts are not trolling or flames. Even disagreement is welcome, as long as it is intelligent and reasoned.

BTW, Aristo, is this you?
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/memb...o&userid=12696

Hope you stick around,

EDJ

I'm the LexusAristo and "Aristo" is not me. Anyhow, I admire MB's and my father is looking into purchasing a e320 because he likes it alot. I don't think we should argue because that is plain childish.

This is not a little honda civic vs. dodge neon forum, we as owners should be mature adults. Our cars are great vehicles and are not cheap!! We have to enjoy what we have and respect what others have.

I for one are a car enthusiast and admire all cars.
Old 09-07-2003, 12:25 AM
Almost a Member!

1998 Lexus GS400
Re: Re: case in point

Originally posted by LexusAristo
I'm the LexusAristo and "Aristo" is not me. Anyhow, I admire MB's and my father is looking into purchasing a e320 because he likes it alot. I don't think we should argue because that is plain childish.

This is not a little honda civic vs. dodge neon forum, we as owners should be mature adults. Our cars are great vehicles and are not cheap!! We have to enjoy what we have and respect what others have.

I for one are a car enthusiast and admire all cars.
Whats up B! Good to see you here. I use Dgot20s everywhere, but when I logged on to M/B world, I wanted to clearly identify myself as a Lexus owner, thus ARISTO. I registered here along time ago, so "trolling" is obviously not my bag.

My original reason for registering here was to gather info on the 00-01 E320, which I was thinking of buying (are a pretty good value in the used car market).

If any of you guys cruise over to Club Lexus, I'm Dgot20s over there!

Its good to see there are decent people on both boards.

So, who wants to GIVE me a E55? C'mon guys, 20" HREs, RB Tech Lowering, Audio/Visual package, etc etc.

THAT would be a nice welcome!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 2.00 average.

Quick Reply: Lexus feeling heat from MB