E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

onevan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 w211 e320 cdi avantgarde
onevan

hi all , just joined up , hope someone can help , ive a 2004 w211 e320 cdi avantgarde , ive been having problems with an esp light comin on , visit workshop , battery functions unavailable , this started after the origanol battery was replaced , the alarm would come on at anytime , the car was left with the local mb dealer for 10 days for full diagnostic check , a new ecu was what they came up with . but i was given the name of a company that would check/test the ecu . sent it and they couldnt find any problems , refitted it and reset the functions and had 6 months trouble free driving , i have had this car 4 years now without any problems until this . when i bought the car the sbc unit was alittle noisy but was told by the vender , my local mechanic and the mb dealer that it was ok for it to be noisy , it used to be only when the car was unlocked but now it happens sometimes when your driving , would anyone know if there could be a link between this noisy sbc and the esp lite coming on . last time the problem occured i was able to jump start the car but this time even that isnt working , or would the car put the esp lite on if the battery was down on power , though the new battery is 760/88 amp . dont know what to try next , any help would be appreciated ,
Old 08-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,052 Likes on 973 Posts
1999 E300TD
Check your speed sensors and or the esp/traction control module------and you will say ok-----how do I do that-----well I could take a weekend to find them all than take a multimeter and check for open circuits, frayed wires bla bla-------OR????