E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2007 E350 Power Seat issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 e350
2007 E350 Power Seat issue

I have a 2007 e350 and the passenger seat is not able to move back past a certain distance. Right now the seat is really close to the dashboard and the back of the seat wont recline either. Its very difficult for anyone to sit in the front seat.

Im able to move the seat up and back to its current position (which is halfway back) but can move it further so we can sit comfortably.

I've checked the track and don't see anything blocking that could be causing the issue. When the seat stops at the point that it is now and i continue to press the button to move it back nothing happens, there is no noise or anything it just doesnt move back anymore.

Has anyone ever experienced this issue before? If so what troubleshooting steps can i take to resolve the issue?
Old 10-25-2013, 05:32 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
S213 2020 E450 4Matic CDN Spec 07/19 build
Do you have a 60/40 split rear seat? I'm wondering if the system might think that the passenger side rear split is folded down.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:33 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Only time this has happened is when the seat control looses it's normalization settings. Run the seat back to the point that it stops, and continue to hold the seat control for several seconds. Run it to the opposite end until it stops, and continue to hold the seat control for several seconds. Then see if it goes farther back.

The only other thing that can inhibit seat back movement, is IF you have the rear seats folded, or if the interior control modules believe the rear seats are folded. In the North American market, movement of the passenger seat is restricted when rear seats are folded to prevent the seat occupancy and weight classification sensor from being tricked if the seat back should touch the folded rear seats.