E-Class (W211) 2003-2009
View Poll Results: Did you renew TeleAid subscription?
Yes
33.33%
No
66.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reposting - TeleAid poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320
Reposting - TeleAid poll

I had posted two polls shortly before the site went down and had no chance to view feedback. My apologies for reposting this.

Here, I'd like to know what everybody thinks of TeleAid's $240 subscription price. I have not been particularly happy with their ability to provide directions. What else are they useful for? As an antitheft tool?

Feel free to rumble.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:17 PM

2003 E-500
I have had On Star in my Yukon Denali for over three years and found it to provide poor or no service when I really needed it. Tele-Aid is the same. I now use my onboard NAV system for directions and finding POI's such as Restaurants, libraries or hotpitals. I also use my own cell phone as opposed to the MB factory installed cell phone. I have not renewed either my On-
Star or Tele-Aid services.

The automatic call of emergency services in the event of an air bag release is a good feature and might be useful, but I've driven for over 50 years without an accicent and will take my chances in the future without that feature.

If you are computer challenged and find the operation of a Nav system difficult as some of my friends and relatives do, then the Tele-Aid system makes sense. My daughter likes it in her Suburban as she has locked her keys in the car several times and had On-Star open the car for her.
Old 11-14-2003, 09:22 AM

'03 Mercedes E320
I have a simple test for myself on this, and I've renewed Tele-Aid on both a prior '01 and now the'03: If I am in the woods after an accident, can't get out of the car, nobody sees me, and when I push the button for SOS, the voice says "Insert $240 Cash" Would I do it?? You bet, so I renew. I do some rescue squad volunteering, and I have seen it be of value. The rest of the features don't matter to me.