Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 M.Benz E350 Sport
W211 2008 E350 front end squeaky noise

Hello Everyone,

Couple of Month ago when the weather was still around 70's/80's in Nashville, TN, my 08 E350 sedan base model started to make squeaky noise while pulling out or in a parking spot while turning the steering wheel slightly to right or left.

To sum things up from that time till last week (Dec 12th), it ended up being the front sway torsion bar bushings that are made onto the sway bar.

The Sub frame on front suspension had to be dropped/lowered from frame to R&R the sway torsion bar. I also had the Sway bar links replaced at same time to save on the labor and future headache.

You can buy the front torsion bar on the internet around $167.00 Original Equipment and front sway bar links for $35 each, after market.
Labor I paid was 3 hrs for all above work.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E320 2004 model Silver sedan
Did you take any pictures?
Old 12-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Banned

2008 M.Benz E350 Sport
Hello there, No pictures, Sorry.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
07 E320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by BNA
Hello Everyone,

Couple of Month ago when the weather was still around 70's/80's in Nashville, TN, my 08 E350 sedan base model started to make squeaky noise while pulling out or in a parking spot while turning the steering wheel slightly to right or left.

To sum things up from that time till last week (Dec 12th), it ended up being the front sway torsion bar bushings that are made onto the sway bar.

The Sub frame on front suspension had to be dropped/lowered from frame to R&R the sway torsion bar. I also had the Sway bar links replaced at same time to save on the labor and future headache.

You can buy the front torsion bar on the internet around $167.00 Original Equipment and front sway bar links for $35 each, after market.
Labor I paid was 3 hrs for all above work.
I have the same problem. Replacing with an Eibach sway bar (Amazon $246.75) and OEM Links (Autohausaz $87.65). With my cars lowered suspension it could easily happen again, hence not using OEM sway bar. Sway bar is here, links expected on Thursday; have a Friday appointment with the shop.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Banned

2008 M.Benz E350 Sport
Before I bought the car I took it to a shop where to have it checked out. I noticed all 4 rims where slightly bent by visual and not by vibration and got them fixed anyhow.

When replacing the sway bar we noticed a 2 inch crack on surface of the sway bar on right side right before the bend. The bent rims and this crack brings me to believe that this car had ran over something that caused some damage and from that is the result of the findings. When I took it to local M.Benz dealer they could not duplicate the noise and I had to show how to duplicate it after few ours waiting for a diagnostic. And than they were pointing fingers at things that were not making any sense. The same shop that inspected the car in Nashville (Eurwerks in West Nashville) diagnosed it in 20 min and in a week the problem was fixed.

BTW: you can still buy the sway bar torsion bar on ebay for $167 OEM.
The after market sway bar links I bought were Fabi which is one of the well known and good German brand.

Last edited by vbnBbnNAng; 06-03-2014 at 08:53 PM.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
07 E320 Bluetec
Not the Sway Bar

Originally Posted by pinebaron
I have the same problem. Replacing with an Eibach sway bar (Amazon $246.75) and OEM Links (Autohausaz $87.65). With my cars lowered suspension it could easily happen again, hence not using OEM sway bar. Sway bar is here, links expected on Thursday; have a Friday appointment with the shop.
At the shop we first removed the links just to confirm the cause. It was not the sway bar at all besides the shop was hesitant dropping the sub-frame and everything else involved. Further investigation at the shop pointed to noise coming from either upper control arm bushing/s or the new (well less than a year old) Bilstein B16 shock. At home I raised the car and sprayed a light lubricant over the bushings followed by a squirt along the shock arm; the sounds seems to have gone away completely. I'll watch for a day or two then order a replacement shock and/or top control arm. Due to a bad earlier guess I now have a brand new Eibach sway bar and OEM links; guess I'll just hang on to them.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:34 PM
Banned

2008 M.Benz E350 Sport
The way my car was diagnosed was with everything intact. He did take all the covers off under the engine and with crowbar he began to bind or pressure areas where he was checking. When he put the crowbar on the bend side of the sway bar on the right side and began to put stress and move it side to side, we heard the noise. He than had second tech to take over so he could take a closer look with a bright LED light and confirmed the problem.