E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E500 with AMG Wheels and Zaino

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
LIONHEAD -

Getting into deeper waters here. Probably better to go ask the guys over at Autopia or on this detailing forum. I am surprised that you see visible fading of the Zaino shine after one wash. One of the benefits of Zaino is its durability. Should pretty well last through the winter if you have a few layers on.

If I am reading properly, you are alternating Zaino and wax which isn't the way to go. I don't think you are getting any benefit from the second coat of Zaino. All waxes must be removed for Zaino to adhere. Additionally, the claying is probably removing some or all of what is there as well. Not sure what the cleaner would do. It seems like you may be unintentionally starting over each time instead of building up the protection.

I think Zaino also recommends using their shampoo after to claying to prep the finish.

PS - Awesome shine while it lasts!
Old 11-18-2003, 02:47 PM

'06 SL65
Originally posted by rdtjr
LIONHEAD -

Getting into deeper waters here. Probably better to go ask the guys over at Autopia or on this detailing forum. I am surprised that you see visible fading of the Zaino shine after one wash. One of the benefits of Zaino is its durability. Should pretty well last through the winter if you have a few layers on.

If I am reading properly, you are alternating Zaino and wax which isn't the way to go. I don't think you are getting any benefit from the second coat of Zaino. All waxes must be removed for Zaino to adhere. Additionally, the claying is probably removing some or all of what is there as well. Not sure what the cleaner would do. It seems like you may be unintentionally starting over each time instead of building up the protection.

I think Zaino also recommends using their shampoo after to claying to prep the finish.

PS - Awesome shine while it lasts!
Should have clearified more in depth. I use Claybar only when the paint is not smooth. I also use Claybar during a wash if I feel something rough. I use dawn only when I want to strip the wax buildup over time, usually twice a year. The more you apply of Z2 (small thin layers at a time), the greater the shine according to Sal at Zaino (I can tell a difference). I've talked to a Chicago Authorized Zaino Dealer and he has given us a demostration(small thin coats at a time, do not use circular motions, etc).. Because Zaino is a polish, I was told to use wax also to protect the paint and thus alternate between polish/wax/polish/wax from a local detailer A friend of mine use to be an Authorized Zaino Dealer here in Chicago until his shop closed down and he use to give me Zaino products to test out. Currently I use Z1, Z2, Z6, ZFX. Excellent shine.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:48 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by LIONHEAD
B
Here is a pic of my C5 after 1 coat of Zaino
[/B]
zaino is the way to go for the best shine.

hey lionhead, your corvette looks fimiliar. i live in merrillville, in and my friend has a 2000 corvette. was your car displayed at the corvette show at mccormik place in chicago last year. that place is big. i also go with him to corvette shows in indiana and chicago. do you have more photos? what have you done on your corvette it sure does not look stock
Old 11-18-2003, 11:26 PM
Almost a Member!

03 e500 sport
Originally posted by i8hotdogs
nguyent281 - Let me know which picture you would like and next time it is clean I will take the shot for you.

i want a pic on the sides. Did those wheels fill up the wheel gap?
Thanks alot.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:30 PM
Almost a Member!

2001 c320
Does anyone uses z5? If so, when during the process do you use it?