E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Suspension Airmatic not Pumping (Suspension is Implausible)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500 (W211)
Question Suspension Airmatic not Pumping (Suspension is Implausible)

Hello guys,

My car starting going down early this year. I took it to mercedes and I was told I needed 2 new rear air struts because they are leaking and a new airmatic compressor because the one there is weak from continuous pumping.

I bought the Arnott rear structs and compressor. We installed it in the car. After that I noticed that the car will not pump up or do anything. I always pump the car with STAR. I posted it here a while back and someone told me to check the connector to the compressor and truly one wire was cut. I didn't have time to fix it until recently. I connected the wire back. I checked for faulty code and the only thing I'm getting is 5507 Suspension is Implausible. I noticed that the car drops everytime and doesn't pump up. I have to connect it to STAR to pump it. But the difference from before I found out about the wire that was ripped was that when I park the car on a hill or high ground, it release the air in the struts by itself but when I start driving or move the car to a flat surface, it doesn't pump itself back.

Basically, the car can release the pressure from the struts but is not pumping them back. My car is always low everytime. And I have the error "visit workshop".

Is there anything I'm not doing right? I have done the initial start up again but nothing is working.

Thanks.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Go back to Arnott for a solution, because I believe that the cars system just does not recognize what you have installed, ie suspension is implausible----how could you expect anything else!!!