E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S pulling to the right. Anyone else?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 08:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Porsche 997TT
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S pulling to the right. Anyone else?

Just put on the A/S last night with my 18" AMG wheels since I had to remove my SO-3's for the winter. I took it for a quick spin (and I mean quick ). I noticed that the car was pulling to the right. AAARGH!!! I thought I read here that this was not uncommon for this tire on this car. I did not have any noticeable pulling with either the stock conti's or the SO-3's. With my staggered set up the A/S and Yokie. are my only choices.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S pulling to the right. Anyone else?

Originally posted by cte430
Just put on the A/S last night with my 18" AMG wheels since I had to remove my SO-3's for the winter. I took it for a quick spin (and I mean quick ). I noticed that the car was pulling to the right. AAARGH!!! I thought I read here that this was not uncommon for this tire on this car. I did not have any noticeable pulling with either the stock conti's or the SO-3's. With my staggered set up the A/S and Yokie. are my only choices.
I think you could get a 265 rear tire size... btw I will be in LI/NYC dec 5-7. PM me.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:08 AM

2003 E500
I believe it was STKLAW who had this problem, as did at least one other person. You could check with STKLAW to see how he resolved it; I don't recall ever seeing.

Also, how is the treadwear on your S03's? I just took mine off in order to put winter tires on and found that tread depth was about 8/32nds, down from 10/32nds in about 4,000 miles (lots of stop-and-go as opposed to highway use). I love the tires, but wouldn't mind them lasting longer.
Old 11-18-2003, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally posted by ctemkin
I believe it was STKLAW who had this problem, as did at least one other person. You could check with STKLAW to see how he resolved it; I don't recall ever seeing.

Also, how is the treadwear on your S03's? I just took mine off in order to put winter tires on and found that tread depth was about 8/32nds, down from 10/32nds in about 4,000 miles (lots of stop-and-go as opposed to highway use). I love the tires, but wouldn't mind them lasting longer.
I took mine off with 5,000 miles on them. They look great, though I haven't measured. It would be nice if they lasted a little longer.