E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Time display on HK screen - no NAV

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 Tectite/Charcoal E320 E2, Leather, CD Cgr, Htd Seats
Time display on HK screen - no NAV

I am wondering if is there is a way to display time on the sound system (Harman Kardon) display in an '03 E320 without the Nav but with the HK premium sound.

i.e. have the time come on the screen a few seconds after having chosen a radio station or a CD track.

When the kids are riding in the back, the one question I always get is: what is the time (and of course, are we there yet?) and it would be nice to let them see the time for themselves rather than me looking at the analog clock in the IP and relaying back the information!

There is a time setting in the sound system that one can change, and I am wondering if it is tied in to the time setting on the menu system that changes the analog clock.
Old 11-21-2003, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Re: Time display on HK screen - no NAV

Originally posted by rz4ccn
I am wondering if is there is a way to display time on the sound system (Harman Kardon) display in an '03 E320 without the Nav but with the HK premium sound.

i.e. have the time come on the screen a few seconds after having chosen a radio station or a CD track.

When the kids are riding in the back, the one question I always get is: what is the time (and of course, are we there yet?) and it would be nice to let them see the time for themselves rather than me looking at the analog clock in the IP and relaying back the information!

There is a time setting in the sound system that one can change, and I am wondering if it is tied in to the time setting on the menu system that changes the analog clock.
i dont believe there is a way to do that, unless you go to that menu, but in that case, its easier to look at the dials yourself.
Old 11-21-2003, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 Mercedes E320
If I understand your preference, then there is a way to display the clock by pushing the SERV button then the Clock soft button. That displays the GPS time, adjusted by you to the correct local hour. On mine (non-NAV HK) it will remain displayed until you revert to AUDIO for a station change. I don't know if it survives a car restart. I would think that would give the kids a clock to look at, at least if you call it up when they are in the car.