E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

New to the forums, and a Nav-Command question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2014 | 05:59 PM

06 E320 CDI, 08 ML320 CDI, 76 911
New to the forums, and a Nav-Command question

Hello,
Although I have read these forums for the past couple of years I have just joined them. Anyways there is a wealth of knowledge here and I appreciate it.
My wife has an 03 E320 we have had for about 3 years now. I guess I got lucky on this one because I have not had to do anything but routine maintenance on it. I just purchased an 06 E320 CDI for myself. I absolutely love the CDI. Anyway I have read, and read and read up on the Nav and Command system in my car, the 06. My wife's car does not have Nav. I have a question on both for you guys. My car came with an 06 nav disk. I wanted to update the Nav and read all I could. Turns out my car has had the Command update done, two Mercedes in the serv screen, it plays MP3's and I got the 2014 Nav disk and updated it no problem and now I have up to date Nav which is actually very accurate even in my very rural neighborhood. My question is this, how do I get the ETA to work in the Map screen? If I push info I get the data there, but the bottom of the Nav screen all I can turn on and off is the lat and long and the satellites. I have seen a picture of what the Map screen looks like with the ETA data shown on it, but I can't get it to work. Also, is there a way to turn the Nav voice down? I can find a Nav volume button, but it just says something about fad in and fad out and no selection seems to work.
The question on my wifes 03 is this, can I update the cd to play mp3's or is just just stuck with audio CD's?
Thanks!
Old 03-08-2014 | 09:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 W211 E350 4Matic / 2008 X164 GL320 CDI
You turn the volume up and down by adjusting the knob while it is playing.

Use the repeat button to make it play and adjust fast.

I think ETA is in et "SYS" menu, but not sure.
Old 03-09-2014 | 07:37 AM

06 E320 CDI, 08 ML320 CDI, 76 911
I got the volume to work just as you said. It seemed kind of obvious but I never thought to try that. After more reading I think the ETA display is with the GPS options to turn the Lat and Long on and off only I don't have the ETA option there. I don't know if the update got corrupted and that is not working. Anyway thanks for the help.
Old 03-10-2014 | 08:56 AM

06 E320 CDI (GONE), 14 Jeep GC EcoDiesel, 01 Disco II (GONE), 09 BMW X3 3.0 Si Xdrive
After you enter your route press display tab and then Map tab and you should have three options there, one is EAT.