E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Looking to buy 04 E320 - Have a few Qs

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-26-2003, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 ML350 4matic
Looking to buy 04 E320 - Have a few Qs

Howdy... I'm looking to buy an 04 E320 soon (will be pushing for an E500, but may have to settle for E320) and I have a few questions.

- Are there any major problems I should be aware of? I've searched through the forums and have seen the brake squeal and alignment issues. Is there anything else I should look for?

- How would you rate MB customer service? I know dealer service can vary from dealer to dealer, but how customer-friendly would you say MB USA is?

- Are there good deals to be had? I've noticed that the dealers here in Miami have plenty of Es on the lots.

I'd appreciate any insight you all could share! TIA!
Old 11-27-2003, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Welcome to the forum!

Not many people on the forum tonight so it may take a little time to get a good response

Hopefully, someone from the Miami area can give you the correct information on the South Florida dealers.

______
Ed
Old 11-27-2003, 02:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
I just read something about 5K off MSRP on an 04 320..probably in california though.
Old 11-27-2003, 03:41 AM
Guest0001

Welcome aboard!

Since you are a female you are going to get over 50 responses in a day. Lucky you. Lots of info!
Old 11-27-2003, 07:27 AM
drb

03 E320, sport package, moon roof, sound upgrade, brilliant silver, charcoal leather, heated seats..
MBUSA would not know the words customer service. In my experience, they will not answer questions or if they do, the information is usually wrong, they rarely respond to written letters, and never respond to my emails (however, I recall one of the forum members had an email response from them once). 04 cars have been reported with issues such as: drifting to the right, engine mount replacement, teleaid malfunction, audio malfunction, navi malfunction, noisy tires, cd changer problems, keyless go malfunction, telephone problems, wiper problems, and dissatisfaction with the cup holder. The problems are not in every car, and all problems are not in each car. The problems are fixable, however, the dealership experience varies from excellent to nightmarish. Some service departments communicate well, others not at all. Some service departments appear to be unaware of the service bulletins. MBUSA appears to be clueless about the dealership variation, and the same will be found in HQ Germany. Many of the 04 problems were found in the 03 model. MB HQ appears to be satisfied with the drop in customer satisfaction. There are forum members who report their cars have no problems.
Old 11-27-2003, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E320
I have an end-of-year 2003 E320 which I think is almost identical to the 2004 model. It has about 2500 miles and I have had zero problems--none of those listed or any other problem.

My dealership treats me great but they should since I have bought 12 (maybe more?) new Mercedes there over the years. This is the only dealer within several hundred miles and they have had ups and down with different management over the years but are great now. Other dealers can be great, terrible or anything in between. If you have a few dealers in your area, I think asking others for their experiences is the best approach.

I bought my first Mercedes 37 years ago (I still own it) so I have a pretty good idea of how MBUSA works. MBUSA is infinitely better than it was years ago but it could be improved a lot. They have even called me in response to an e-mail to answer my questions but in general, they are not as responsive as they should be. Not a brick wall but not the "Lexus" type either.

With these new "electronic" Mercedes, I think if you are going to keep it longer than 4 years, get the extended warranty. As far as warranty work, it has never been questioned, never had a hassle. Always done with no questions asked with any Mercedes I have ever had.
Old 11-27-2003, 10:50 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,441 Likes on 3,153 Posts
'71 Pinto
$5000 off MSRP

Keep in mind, you don't have to purchase from a local dealer. At any rate, this link and eventual dealer quote provides a good starting point for local negotiation(s).

http://www.imakenews.com/autospies/e...e000205582.cfm

Welcome, and good luck.