Non-USA E-Class features

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 01:33 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Non-USA E-Class features

Back in October I asked all members to list the non-USA E-Class features they would like to have. I compiled a list of the most wanted features and forwarded it to MBUSA.

(1) When you close the door and lock it the outside rearview mirrors automatically fold in and when you unlock and open the door the mirrors automatically open activated via the steering wheel in settings.

(2) (a) SBC-C; When you lift the cruise control arm and the speed is below 10 mph the SBC-C goes into action. If you're in a stop-and-go situation you only have to apply gas. When you lift your foot from the gas pedal the car will brake to zero speed.
(b) SBC-H; Keeps you stopped at, say, a traffic light without you having to keep your foot on the brake.

(3) Steering wheel controls able to move through the preset radio stations.

(4) One-touch memory for seat, steering wheel, headrest, and mirror settings without having to hold the numbered button.

(5) Heated rear seats.

(6) Charcoal filter to E320 AC system.

11/20/03 Bernhard Glaser General Manager Product Management - Passenger Cars responded: "We are currently investigating many of your ideas for the E-Class in both the short and long term. We hope to include some of your ideas in the next model year offerings."
Old 11-30-2003, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
I should have posted...

- Infrared reflecting glass
- Heated rear seats
- DVD-video
- Rear center video screen

I would settle for those (since my car has the folding mirrors).

-s-
Old 11-30-2003, 11:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Originally posted by scorchie
my car has the folding mirrors
You already have automatic folding mirrors on a USA E-Class?
Old 11-30-2003, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by konigstiger
You already have automatic folding mirrors on a USA E-Class?
Yes.

You don't read this forum?! Hmm.

-s-
Old 11-30-2003, 06:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Smart ***! Took for granted that this thread was a non USA matter knowing folding mirrors are not NORMALLY available on the E-Class and didn't read it.
Old 11-30-2003, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
wasn't there someone last week who claimed he was "stabbing" his brake pedal and getting SBC-H to work?
Old 11-30-2003, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Originally posted by nyca
wasn't there someone last week who claimed he was "stabbing" his brake pedal and getting SBC-H to work?
yea, i want to try that out, but i havent had the chance, anyone try it?
Old 12-01-2003, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by nyca
Tried it. No SBC-H.

Last edited by Legacy; 12-01-2003 at 04:57 PM.
Old 12-01-2003, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW 550i
I was skeptical, but I was not able to get SBC-H either. I can see how the SBC-Stop may not be that useful in our stop and go traffic patterns, but the SBC-H would be a totally cool feature.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:48 PM

2003 C230
Re: Non-USA E-Class features

Back in October I asked all members to list the non-USA E-Class features they would like to have. I compiled a list of the most wanted features and forwarded it to MBUSA.

(1) When you close the door and lock it the outside rearview mirrors automatically fold in and when you unlock and open the door the mirrors automatically open activated via the steering wheel in settings.

(2) (a) SBC-C; When you lift the cruise control arm and the speed is below 10 mph the SBC-C goes into action. If you're in a stop-and-go situation you only have to apply gas. When you lift your foot from the gas pedal the car will brake to zero speed.
(b) SBC-H; Keeps you stopped at, say, a traffic light without you having to keep your foot on the brake.

(3) Steering wheel controls able to move through the preset radio stations.

(4) One-touch memory for seat, steering wheel, headrest, and mirror settings without having to hold the numbered button.

(5) Heated rear seats.

(6) Charcoal filter to E320 AC system.

11/20/03 Bernhard Glaser General Manager Product Management - Passenger Cars responded: "We are currently investigating many of your ideas for the E-Class in both the short and long term. We hope to include some of your ideas in the next model year offerings."

1. This is available on LS430.

3. This is available on my C. The default is set to search the next station. You can program it to go to next preset station.

4. Acura has remote #1 and #2. Your settings are linked with the remote. So when you unlock the car using remote, the car will change to the preference of that remote.
Old 12-01-2003, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW 550i
3 - After driving a C for a while and looking at the settings, I was so surprised to see an option to scan for stations either by tune to next or by preset. Why our cars do not have it is a mystery.

4 - Don't we have this already? I have never tried it, but there is a setting for key independence, and I would think that it would automatically adjust based on the key that is used.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: Non-USA E-Class features

Originally posted by Taiwanese
1. This is available on LS430.

3. This is available on my C. The default is set to search the next station. You can program it to go to next preset station.

4. Acura has remote #1 and #2. Your settings are linked with the remote. So when you unlock the car using remote, the car will change to the preference of that remote.
Not really understanding your point... the point is that the original poster wants these features on the W211 E-class. If they are available on other cars, that's already been covered.

Plus, #4 is not available on Acura. The point was "ONE TOUCH" settings, meaning pressing the memory button and releasing instead of holding the memory button down. Just like it says for #4.

-s-
Old 12-01-2003, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1951 Caterpiller D6
Most important option that is not available for the US E55 is EUROPEAN DELIVERY!
Old 12-01-2003, 10:38 PM

2004 E500
Re: Non-USA E-Class features

That quote is so offensive! The "ideas" are routine options in their own Euro spec car and in many much less expensive cars in the U.S. I mean REALLY -- station presets can't be done on steering wheel -- that's barbaric in this car! Gee whiz, Herr Glaser, don't strain your R&D department!! Maybe they should outsource their electronic programming to Toyota...or India. Sorry to be so sour but I can't believe I'm paying $70,000 and have to make compromises on features that are routine in 2003.