E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Turn signal - Problem?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes E270 w211
Turn signal - Problem?

Hi everybody, I recently found out this forum and I think its really great, I registered so i could ask you guys a question .
On my w211 e270 i had a problem with water coming through my left rear light, this way filling both the light and the trunk. Water had created rust on the electrical paths of the light so i changed the whole plate along with the lights sealing. And here is the problem - the turn signal consists of two bulbs and whether i lock/unlock the car, turn the hazards or simply the leftt turn signal, the inner bulb misses some of the flashesh it has to make. its like having a bad connection or something like that, i made sure the plug to the rear left light makes excellent condition so the problem isnt there. Have you encountered such or a similiar problem with your mercedes and do you have any idea where should i look for the problem?
Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by yvor; 05-04-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:29 AM

640i Gran Coupé
If it acts like there's a bad connection, then there's probably a bad connection. Check to make sure that you have a good ground. Electrical problems are often caused by not having a good ground - especially if you are in an area that has rust issues.

You should put your location in your profile, especially if you live somewhere that English is not the primary language.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:32 PM

2003 Mercedes E270 w211
Thanks for your reply, but im affraid its not about bad connection, because recently i made a new discovery: when i turn on the hazards with the trunk being closed the one bulb flashing problem appears, as soon as i open the trunk it starts to function normally. Im thinking of the rear SAM. Any ideas?