E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

REDUCED BREAKING AND VISIT WORKSHOP DISPLAY ON CLUSTER

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E500
REDUCED BREAKING AND VISIT WORKSHOP DISPLAY ON CLUSTER

I have 2005 E500, on the cluster indicated to reduced breaking and visit workshop soon, I took it to my MBZ mechanic (not a dealer) they told me that it is the SBC pump problem and it is warranty under the recall. so I took it to the Fletcher Jones benz in Ontario, CA. after the $150 diagnostic, it stated that it was not the SBC Pump, instead to replace PRESSURE RESERVOIR and bleed brakes (after programing SBC module- pressure reservoir faulty). it would cost me $1200 to replace them. I was talking to a few people that "knows" MBZ, they told me that they should have replace it all, since it is all come in one unit???? the dealer stated that they can not replace the SBC pump since it is not faulty. the MBZ wont cover the cost if it's not faulty? I also did the A-flex service and ask to diagnost the fumes smell everytime i fill out the tank, they advised me to replace the FUEL FILTER, it is leaking and thats where the smells come from.
so to replace pressure reservoir, A-flex service and diagnostic for the fuel filter, the bills are $1225. I asked for more discounts, i even called the MBZ corp, so now they offer me $1064 out the door.

I need an input if they are telling me the truth. I was told to ask them that when the SBC pump is faulty, are they not to require replacing the pressure reservoir? whick would cost me atleast $1600? the advisor stated NO, I dont have to.

any input would be greatly appriciate it.
Thank you in advance.
the mileage of my car is 82863.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 C300 Coupe
Always a bummer to have problems like this. Believe it or not, $1064 is a good price for those repairs...especially at the dealership. I recently paid $1400 to replace just the pressure reservoir and update the SBC supply line hose. A local independent MBZ only mechanic refused to touch my SBC system so I felt that the best option was to have the dealer do the repair.

I believe that a new SBC unit comes with a new pressure reservoir so it sucks to have it replaced seperately. It's an expensive part, around $700+or-. Even if you had a Das/xentry computer to release the pressure, replaced it yourself and bled the SBC afterwards, you wouldn't be saving much money. If the $1064 price covers parts and labor for the pressure reservoir, fuel pump and A service it's a good deal...believe it or not. Your best and fastest solution is to just have it done by them and call it a day.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E500
$1064 is everythin without the fuel pump
thanks for the info.