E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Problems Finally Resolved E550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e550
Problems Finally Resolved E550

When it rains it pours. I was having the whining sound in November, took my car in for the normal service. I told them about the sound and for them to look into it. Service complete and they said nothing was wrong. Hmmmm, something still not right. Oh well, I came here did a search and saw what was posted. I wonder if they even checked. It’s almost time for me to get my oil changed, so I was going to ask again and tell then what I think it is this time (from the great people on the forum).

Didn’t make to my next service, I went outside to go to the store (Saturday morning three weeks ago), my car was basically on the ground. I’m like WTF! Called the (Mercedes) dealership, they was like bring it in on Monday and they will try to work me in. After sitting 2 hours, my service adviser came back and said you have a number of issues. Ugh! I’m glad it’s under warranty. So here goes:

Power steering was leaking and needed replaced.
Airmatic Compressor and Airmatic System Relay needed replaced
Oil Cooler Seal Leaking, needs new seals
Oil Leak at the Centrifudge
I told them to check my sunroof. I’ve had some problems. So they stated: motor is faulty. Needs replaced.

I’m like WTH!!!! I really haven’t had any issues besides the whining noise, I’ve had the car going on three years. Oh well, I’m soooooo glad I have a warranty with a 250 deductible. I brought my car from infinite dealership so they sold me an Easy Care warranty. They gave me no issues at all. Approved the fix. Spoke to my advisor when this one expire, I’m going to get my warranty through the dealership. He gave me two quotes on a 12 month and 24 month.

Any way moving on, they had my car two weeks, got a call my car is fixed. I go to pick it up. I see the suspension looks good. I start my car. BAM! Damn whining noise still. UGH!!!!! I walk back in and told him it’s not fixed. The noise still there. My adviser is like, WHAT! They told me it was fixed. I was like everything looks fixed but the noise. I took him out to listen, and it had gotten louder in just those few minutes it was started. He called the tech, the noise is still there. The tech was like maybe it’s a bad power steering or the AC. I’m like, it don’t matter something still wrong. My Adviser shaking his head, like ****! I had already signed my paper where my warranty had paid and I had paid my part. So, he had to reopen my claim. I told him, I’m not paying another deductible. He was like, you don’t have to. I’ll like cool.
Fast forward to today, I go and get my car. It’s finally fixed. Bout time! Yes! I asked what the issue was. He said it was my AC compressor, but the warranty only would pay for the pulley. He say he stressed to replace the whole unit, but they wouldn’t. I’m kind of pissed because that new pulley may wear out the other parts. UGH! I’m thinking if that was on the original invoice maybe they would have paid for it. Who knows? Its fixed and no noise, so I’m happy.

Sorry for the long post but to sum, it up short: Thanks for all the information on the forum. Everything that was said, I had that issue addressed. Anyone that’s looking for a third party warranty, my first experience with Easy Care was great! With the cost of this repair. Its paid for itself. I will go with the dealership when it expire tho. Since, he offered it to me. Better deductible.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:16 PM

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
14 550 sedan
Lol I can probably bet you that your sunroof motor wasn't faulty and it probably just had to be lubricated a bit or there was just something stuck in there. At least warranty covered it. How much was the invoice for each item?
Old 05-14-2014, 10:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E320
Probably 10000 grands
Old 05-15-2014, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e550
Originally Posted by LemonSqueezy
Lol I can probably bet you that your sunroof motor wasn't faulty and it probably just had to be lubricated a bit or there was just something stuck in there. At least warranty covered it. How much was the invoice for each item?
Who knows but you right they did pay for it. Sure I can give a break down for each item.

Power steering was leaking and needed replaced. : $1116.70
Airmatic Compressor and Airmatic System Relay needed replaced: $638.40
Oil Cooler Seal Leaking, needs new seals: $343.50
Oil Leak at the Centrifudge: $242.60
sunroof motor is faulty. Needs replaced: $1306.00
Pulley replacement: 238.04

My total bill was $4036.74
Old 09-10-2015, 08:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
I have a 2008 E63 AMG. So far easycare has taken care of me for my previous car and the current E63.

Covered Items

E55
-Crank Pulley
-Supercharger clutch
-Valve cover gaskets
-Fuel Pump
-Many smaller items

E63(Currently within 6 months)
-Intake manifold bolts
-Alternator
-Front 2 struts
-Valve Cover Gaskets