Purchasing Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pontiac GTO
Purchasing Help

Hi all,

I'm a newbie here and to MB. I'm interested in a used CDI or Bluetec and am hoping you can supply some info, opinions or links for some questions I have.

1) What does the AMG sport package include?

2) Do all the stereo options include a USB ipod/iphone control?

3) I'm inclined to buy an '07 - '09 in order to avoid the electronic brake system. I prefer a heavier brake pedal and the '03-'06 system has been described as touchy. Any opinions are appreciated.

4) Can larger wheels be installed on these cars?

5) Is there a website with a summary of options for these cars?

Thanks for any help you may have.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:31 PM

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts
14 550 sedan
1) AMG Sports Package includes AMG styling body kit and AMG sport wheels.

2) Stereo options are either Audio20 which has no navigation or COMAND NTG 1 which has navigation unless it's a 2009 which has a much better NTG2.5. All cars come with a standard auxiliary jack in the glove compartment. There is a 32pin iPod kit adapter that was optional. You can probably retrofit one if you really wanted one.

3) Generally it's better to just avoid the SBC brakes all together in the 03-06's. But from what I hear, the 05-06 CDI's were probably the last great diesels from MB. The BlueTec's doesn't seem to disappoint though.

4) Larger wheels can absolutely be installed on these cars. 18's to 20's are generally what people upgrade to. I personally think the sweet spot are 19's.

5) Motortrend usually tends to have a list for all options. http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2009/...kages_options/