U0101 conection with TCM lost ,car in not shifting, all is working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 03:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350, 2006
U0101 conection with TCM lost ,car in not shifting, all is working

Hi All,
my car now is at the Mechanic workshop and he is telling me that the valve body is the problem.
my story is that my car engine is running and all other functions also , except of the gear , the gear is not shifting at all, even it is not showing the gear # in the display in front of me.
i changed 5 weeks ago the filter and oil of the transmission , it was very dirty, black and burned.
i also changed the manifold due to broken flips, and also the 4 camshaft magnets.
i scan it with my OBD and it give me the U0101 , the workshop scan it with his star and told me no layer is being created with the transmission ? so we need to repalce the valve body
any ideas or thoughts
thank you very much for your help
Malek
Old 07-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
You need someone with DAS Xentry who can spend a couple of hours trying to deternmine why no communication, however have him do a quick test listing the status of all the modules first---all thats left is the TCM, cable and the conductor plate.

Did you putz around with the cable while changing the fluid!!
Old 07-02-2014, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350, 2006
Originally Posted by Plutoe
You need someone with DAS Xentry who can spend a couple of hours trying to deternmine why no communication, however have him do a quick test listing the status of all the modules first---all thats left is the TCM, cable and the conductor plate.

Did you putz around with the cable while changing the fluid!!
actually the conductor plate was the problem , we replace it with the newest version and all now is okay ,
the mechanic said i should try to adapt the gear for around 100 KM , and i should not go above speed of 80KM= 50M/H ... and rpm not above 2000 .
is this the right way.
thank you
Old 07-02-2014, 06:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
Remember that your transmission is designed to be adaptive to your driving habits. Therefore, assuming you have no other mechanical issues with your transmission, just drive the car the way your would normally and the transmission will slowly remember your shift patterns!!