E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

CD eject problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 12:23 PM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
CD eject problem

As I was taking the car to the dealer to drive with the shop foreman on my alignment problem, the CD in the headunit would not play, it was just stuck on track 5. I tried to eject and the whole unit froze up, then after pushing a bunch of buttons, it said, ejecting CD, but nothing came out....Turned the car off, told the Service advisor I needed to show him this new problem, and when I turned it on, the CD played and ejected....anyone have this problem, he said it maybe a software update issue, but the shop foreman thought that since it is an '04 it probably already has it.

On a side note, the shop foreman drove with me and agreed that the alignment is out and that there is a vibration at 55-65 mph. I will take it back next week and he will be involved in getting it fixed, but he said something about adjusting the alignment (leaving it still in spec) to adjust for the right pull. Does this make sense...I still think it is a tire problem...

Final observation/bug...if you have the CD Changer, select a CD like CD4 and advance to some track like Track 5. While the song is playing turn off the car (as if you reached your destination ) and turn the car back on. The CD will continue playing the song right where it left off, but the headunit will show Track 1, and when the song ends it will then display the right track...anyone else notice this...also looks like a software bug..
Old 12-20-2003, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
As far as the CD changer, its a known glitch, it works with any track.
Old 12-20-2003, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CL550
My CD changer does the same thing. Doesn't know which track it's on after the car is turned off. How lame is that? Not a big deal, but shouldn't happen. I also have problems with my audio head unit not working from time to time. Sometimes it won't work after the car has been off, and a couple of times it has quit then started again while driving. Taking it in Monday for them to fix along with some other minor issues.