E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2009 E350/W211 Bluetooth Audio option for less

Old 10-10-2014, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 E350
2009 E350/W211 Bluetooth Audio option for less

W211 Bluetooth audio set up for less!
What you need are the below items to start if you already have a multimedia ipod/aux cables installed.
1) 3.5mm 1/8 Headphone Mini Jack Ground Loop Isolator Noise Filter replace SNI1/3.5
Here's a link where I bought it for $7.98 only.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111041352464?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 2) Bluetooth A2DP Music Receiver Adapter for iPod iPhone 30-Pin Dock Bose Speaker
Here's a link where I bought it for $10.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301071636738?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT 3) 3.5 mm Aux cable.
4) Apple Ipod universal dock (picture link below)
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608...d=1.9&rs=0&p=0
All you need to do is hook up the Apple Ipod universal dock to the cars ipod dock connector, and install the Bluetooth to the Apple universal dock for continuous power. Connect your phone to the Bluetooth directly. Then install the 3.5 mm aux cable to the Apple ipod universal dock, and connect to the ground loop noise isolator, then connect to the cars aux input.
From your cars command center, go to Audio settings and search for the AUX on the drop down menu, and select.
You are now good to go, with less cash for having a Bluetooth audio streaming to your cars stereo.
Note: if you have the HK system, which should have a prologic set up, make sure you turn off the prologic to have better bass on your car, and set up the bass to highest level for better bass punch. Or not, depends on your listening pleasure. but if your a bass lover, then do so, and you also have to set up all your radio stations, dvd, aux, multimedia, etc, manually to have better bass set up. It's a pain to do all the manual set up for each, but its well worth it.

Also note that you have to turn off the ProLogic on all your settings to get better bass punch. If you have an Iphone, you can adjust the settings to add more bass.

This can also work for anyone who have the Aux input jacks in your car, with no Bluetooth connectivity at all, and just get a Bluetooth being sold on GROUPON "A.M.P Bluetooth Receiver" currently on sale for $18.99 and buy the ground loop noise isolator shown above to filter the noise issues.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-amp-...oth-receiver-3

Hope this helps anyone out there. Good luck.

Last edited by stealth7656; 10-10-2014 at 10:01 AM. Reason: added item
Old 10-14-2014, 06:52 PM

2009 E350 AMG Sport
How well does this work when there is an race condition between MB BT (phone calls) and Music streaming? For example:

1. You are listing to music via the A2DP BT setup you described.
2. You receive a phone call (or you place an outbound call).
QUESTION: Does the MB BT take control from the A2DP setup?

3. You finish your phone call and hang up.
QUESTION: Does the MB BT hand back control to the A2DP setup?

I've found that when there are two BT systems (MB BT and any A2DP BT setup) the iPhone gets confused which BT source to give control to.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:51 AM

2009 E350
Hi,
The MB Bluetooth and the Audio Bluetooth have different frequency set up and does not interfere with each other.
If you wanted to use the MB BT, then the Audio BT will cut off automatically to allow the calls to go through. Once you are done, it will connect back to the Audio BT.
However, if you are using a Pandora app on an iPhone, the Audio BT gets disconnected and you simply just go back to your settings to re-connect again. For other apps like your music on your iPhone, or iHeart Radio, I found it auto re-connects without issues.
I have been using this for a couple of weeks now and no regrets.
Hope this helps.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:08 PM

2009 E350 AMG Sport
Interesting. Can you send a picture of your setup? It's worth a shot...
Old 10-15-2014, 09:54 PM

2009 E350
Picture on the next thread.

Last edited by stealth7656; 10-16-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:55 PM

2009 E350

Last edited by stealth7656; 10-15-2014 at 09:58 PM. Reason: re-download photo
Old 10-16-2014, 03:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,465 Likes on 1,146 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
That's a nice set up. One thing I'm wondering about is the steering wheel controls. Does the volume and the next/previous track buttons work and does it display the song playing in the dash? I assume it doesn't with the aux hookup. Also with the bluetooth, does the audio cut out once in a while? I've driven a rental that had bluetooth and once in a while the song would stop a bit here and there.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:36 AM

2009 E350
Originally Posted by cetialpha5
That's a nice set up. One thing I'm wondering about is the steering wheel controls. Does the volume and the next/previous track buttons work and does it display the song playing in the dash? I assume it doesn't with the aux hookup. Also with the bluetooth, does the audio cut out once in a while? I've driven a rental that had bluetooth and once in a while the song would stop a bit here and there.

Unfortunately it doesn't for it's an AUX set up. Also, I have never experienced any cut offs unless the power on the Audio BT gets cut off or disengaged from the power source (iPod universal dock). It can also get cut off if the smartphone being used is having issues getting a signal from the source directly. Hope this helps.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:00 PM

2009 E350 AMG Sport
Thanks for posting those pics! Two questions...

1. Why didn't you just plug-in the Bluetooth A2DP Music Receiver Adapter (which has a 30-pin female) to the car's 30-pin dock connector (male)? Why you do need the white Apple iPod dock?

2. Is the Ground Loop Isolator Noise Filter required? Did you try the setup without it? If yes, what were the results?
Old 10-16-2014, 01:49 PM

2009 E350
Originally Posted by rhswest
Thanks for posting those pics! Two questions...

1. Why didn't you just plug-in the Bluetooth A2DP Music Receiver Adapter (which has a 30-pin female) to the car's 30-pin dock connector (male)? Why you do need the white Apple iPod dock?

2. Is the Ground Loop Isolator Noise Filter required? Did you try the setup without it? If yes, what were the results?

The cars multimedia system 30 pin connector will not recognize the Audio BT, which is why I have to use the iPod universal dock for the system to recognize it, and also to provide power to the aftermarket Audio BT (iWave) continuously. Since you will be selecting AUX on your command system, you will need to follow that set up to hook up the 3.5 mm cable in between the universal dock and the ground loop noise isolator. If you don't use a ground loop noise isolator, you will hear a faint engine noise when the music volume goes down and very annoying. If you want to have a clear sound, then I recommend to use it. But then again it's everyone else's own preferences.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:51 PM

2009 E350 AMG Sport
I'm going to give it a shot. Thanks for all the info.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:10 PM

2009 E350
<<<@!1!@>>>

Your welcome. Hope it works for you as well...!!!!

P.S.
If you are going to use an iPod universal dock, make sure it's the one that has only the AUX and 30 Pin connector as shown, for I am not sure if the one with the S Video Out connection will work, for I have read on the another forum that there seem to be a voltage issue which is why it won't charge if it's not compatible. Otherwise, you may have to find a different set up like another rechargeable audio BT that also can charge while in use, and directly connected to the car AUX input jack.
(The iPod universal dock I used was the one for the iPod Video 5th Generation 30gb). I found one on EBAY, maybe worth a try to check out. Per Apple, the part number is MA125G/A. (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1380).
But, you can also try to get the ones that has the 30 pin connector that will work for iPhone 4, and models before 2009. Just do a little research on the web as well.

Found a couple of sites where you can check below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/APPLE-IPOD-UNIVERSAL-DOCKING-STATION-NEW-IN-BOX-WHITE-AUTHENTIC-GREAT-BUY-/380523423219?pt=US_MP3_Player_Chargers_Cradles&hash=item5898f6a5f3#ht_2722wt_1065
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Charger-Charging-Dock-Holder-Station-for-Apple-iPhone-3G-3GS-4G-4S-iPod-/141393960758?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Chargers&hash=item20ebbc9f36#ht_8253wt_1065

Last edited by stealth7656; 10-20-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:49 PM

2009 E350 AMG Sport
stealth7656,

I'm reporting back. I got the same parts as you and set it up. I'm having trouble with the I-WAVE BT unit. It's getting power and connecting to my iPhone 6 just fine. See attached image.

But, when I push play in the Music app on iPhone, I hear no sound. (Yes, my mode is set to AUX in the dash.)

I've Googled this and found some others who have the same problem. No solution that I can decipher.

FWIW, the I-WAVE BT unit is flashing red four times every 3 seconds. I'm not sure what that code means, and I couldn't find a support website for this I-WAVE.

Any tips?

Old 10-29-2014, 10:01 AM

2009 E350
stealth7656,

I'm reporting back. I got the same parts as you and set it up. I'm having trouble with the I-WAVE BT unit. It's getting power and connecting to my iPhone 6 just fine. See attached image.

But, when I push play in the Music app on iPhone, I hear no sound. (Yes, my mode is set to AUX in the dash.)

I've Googled this and found some others who have the same problem. No solution that I can decipher.

FWIW, the I-WAVE BT unit is flashing red four times every 3 seconds. I'm not sure what that code means, and I couldn't find a support website for this I-WAVE.

Any tips?

Hi, not sure why the iWave BT you have is doing that, for mine doesn't. Mine only blink once like around 4-5 seconds stating that it's connected and powered up. It may seemed to be connected and paired up as per your image, but with it flashing too many times I think it indicates something is wrong.
The only issue I can figure out is the iPod universal dock you have (if you do have it) may not be compatible with the iWave BT. If you do have it, did you get the one like I have referenced? Also you may want to try to do some troubleshooting on your own. If you can take a picture of the set up, maybe I can help figure it out, and give me the specs of the universal dock you have so I can research further. Also you may want to check and email the store where you bought the iWave BT if they have a manual for it, for it should came with the package, or how to troubleshoot the item. I have been doing some research and found that there's a new item called iLink on this website. (http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...734172112.html). However, you may want to do more research on your own about it as well.
Hope you get it to work soon.

Last edited by stealth7656; 10-29-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:30 PM

2009 E350 AMG Sport
I have the dock. It appears to be the same one in your pictures. I would presume that the BT is getting power just fine because it's flashing. Compatibility between dock and BT may be an issue… though I'm not clear on how to troubleshoot that.

Not sure if it matters, but mine also has an S-Video Out on the back.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:24 AM

2009 E350
I have the dock. It appears to be the same one in your pictures. I would presume that the BT is getting power just fine because it's flashing. Compatibility between dock and BT may be an issue… though I'm not clear on how to troubleshoot that.

Not sure if it matters, but mine also has an S-Video Out on the back.

Hi, it seems you were getting power from the universal dock, so it should not be the issue. Because all it matters is to get the cars Multimedia to power the iWave BT. However, you may want to check your connections from the universal docks 3.5 mm Aux line out connection to your cars 3.5 mm Aux line in connection first. Did you also went to get the ground loop noise isolator and connected it between the universal dock and the cars 3.5 mm Aux line in connection? If so, you may want to do some troubleshooting first on which item is not connecting well, by connecting directly to your cars Aux line in connection.
If your cars Aux line in connection works, then the only thing I can think of off is that the iWave BT you bought could be defective, for it should not be flashing rapidly when already connected. but you can also test the item and go to a local Best Buy store and connect it to one of their BOSE sound dock displays and see if you can pair with your phone and get it to work. However, from what I know, the iWave BT will not work with newer BOSE sound dock because of the software issues regarding digital to analog connections and voltage issues.
If it doesn't work still, another option is to get those rechargeable BT or the one they have in Groupon where you can use it both the internal battery or powered connections via USB.
Good luck on your troubleshooting and hope it works by now.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:54 PM

MB E250 W212 2010 CGI
Stucked

Originally Posted by stealth7656
Hi, not sure why the iWave BT you have is doing that, for mine doesn't. Mine only blink once like around 4-5 seconds stating that it's connected and powered up. It may seemed to be connected and paired up as per your image, but with it flashing too many times I think it indicates something is wrong.
The only issue I can figure out is the iPod universal dock you have (if you do have it) may not be compatible with the iWave BT. If you do have it, did you get the one like I have referenced? Also you may want to try to do some troubleshooting on your own. If you can take a picture of the set up, maybe I can help figure it out, and give me the specs of the universal dock you have so I can research further. Also you may want to check and email the store where you bought the iWave BT if they have a manual for it, for it should came with the package, or how to troubleshoot the item. I have been doing some research and found that there's a new item called iLink on this website. (http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...734172112.html). However, you may want to do more research on your own about it as well.
Hope you get it to work soon.
Hey Stealth7656
MY 2010 E250 CGI has a different glove box cable than yours. Is a single thick cable with 30 pin on the end and works fine with an Ipod IPhone 4g; it also charges them. However it doesn't work on my recently bougth bluetooth Iwave. It pairs with my Android Phone Samsung Galaxy note 4) I select Aux on my dashboard but there's no sound. I tested the iWave on two other devices, a towerspeaker with a dock on top that worked fine (little bit low volume ) and with a Sony soundbar that didn't work. So I know the iWave doesn't work on any device.
Please help me out.

Sorry if my English is poor.

I'm uploading a picture of my connection.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:26 PM

2009 E350
Iwave Bluetooth

Originally Posted by Juancarlosrojas
Hey Stealth7656
MY 2010 E250 CGI has a different glove box cable than yours. Is a single thick cable with 30 pin on the end and works fine with an Ipod IPhone 4g; it also charges them. However it doesn't work on my recently bougth bluetooth Iwave. It pairs with my Android Phone Samsung Galaxy note 4) I select Aux on my dashboard but there's no sound. I tested the iWave on two other devices, a towerspeaker with a dock on top that worked fine (little bit low volume ) and with a Sony soundbar that didn't work. So I know the iWave doesn't work on any device.
Please help me out.

Sorry if my English is poor.

I'm uploading a picture of my connection.
Hi, the IWAVE Bluetooth will not work if it's not connected directly to an apple universal sound dock, which I actually did on mine, because the universal sound dock have a 3.5 aux out that would then needed to be connected to your 3.5 AUX in your car.
However, it seems that your IPOD cable does not have the AUX in connector.
If you have an AUX input in your dash, or a maybe a separate one located inside your glove box, and you can try this options below, which I bought from ebay. All you need is a USB charger that connects to your cigarette lighter, and plug this Bluetooth for continuous charge when car is running or whenever accessories is powered on. If you notice this Bluetooth have a 3.5 AUX connection that you just need to connect to you cars AUX input. Just make sure to select on your command system the AUX audio.
Just pair your phone to this Bluetooth and you should have a good connection. If you notice a humming sound, then just get the sound isolator as referenced on this thread. Hope this helps.

1 item sold byhottestbuy
USB Bluetooth Music Receiver Adapter 3.5mm Stereo Audio for iPhone4 4S 5S 5C

( 171411729951 )

Delete item

Add note

ITEM PRICE:US $6.93
Old 08-28-2015, 11:02 AM

MB E250 W212 2010 CGI
My cars doesn't have aux input

Originally Posted by stealth7656
Hi, the IWAVE Bluetooth will not work if it's not connected directly to an apple universal sound dock, which I actually did on mine, because the universal sound dock have a 3.5 aux out that would then needed to be connected to your 3.5 AUX in your car.
However, it seems that your IPOD cable does not have the AUX in connector.
If you have an AUX input in your dash, or a maybe a separate one located inside your glove box, and you can try this options below, which I bought from ebay. All you need is a USB charger that connects to your cigarette lighter, and plug this Bluetooth for continuous charge when car is running or whenever accessories is powered on. If you notice this Bluetooth have a 3.5 AUX connection that you just need to connect to you cars AUX input. Just make sure to select on your command system the AUX audio.
Just pair your phone to this Bluetooth and you should have a good connection. If you notice a humming sound, then just get the sound isolator as referenced on this thread. Hope this helps.

1 item sold byhottestbuy

( 171411729951 )

Delete item

Add note

ITEM PRICE:US $6.93

Hi stealth7656:

My car doesn't have a 3,5 mm input, and in the console appears disabled. The "Number 8 disc" which is the Aux for the Unit, gets enabled when I connect the Iwave, so my cable has the aux integrated somehow.

Don't know what to do, i'm using a FM transmiter and connect my android through that, but it sucks. The volume is to low and there's interference.

I tried 2 more Iwaves and none works.

As I said before, my glovebox cable always charges any apple device connected on it; Iwave manufacturer says that it should work with thta condition, and, my MB Unit has only one input: the Ipod/Iphone cable.

I don't think that the issue is the Iwave power, because it behaves as described on the directions, it pairs with my phone, but there's no sound. This also happened with a Sony soundbar. The phone was paired but... no sound.

Could it be a Voltage issue? even if my cable charges the Ihone or Ipod?? I didn't try the voltage adapter that's mentioned on other posts, that takes de voltage from 12v to 5v. This 'cause I found that it was used when Bose and other brands speakers didn't charge the apple devices and they runned out of battery. I'm sorry if i'm repeating the same stuff; it's just that my english is not perfect and i could be asking for help in the wrong way.

Thanks for reading, and any help is gratefully received.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:27 PM

2009 E350
IWAVE Bluetooth

Originally Posted by Juancarlosrojas
Hi stealth7656:

My car doesn't have a 3,5 mm input, and in the console appears disabled. The "Number 8 disc" which is the Aux for the Unit, gets enabled when I connect the Iwave, so my cable has the aux integrated somehow.

Don't know what to do, i'm using a FM transmiter and connect my android through that, but it sucks. The volume is to low and there's interference.

I tried 2 more Iwaves and none works.

As I said before, my glovebox cable always charges any apple device connected on it; Iwave manufacturer says that it should work with thta condition, and, my MB Unit has only one input: the Ipod/Iphone cable.

I don't think that the issue is the Iwave power, because it behaves as described on the directions, it pairs with my phone, but there's no sound. This also happened with a Sony soundbar. The phone was paired but... no sound.

Could it be a Voltage issue? even if my cable charges the Ihone or Ipod?? I didn't try the voltage adapter that's mentioned on other posts, that takes de voltage from 12v to 5v. This 'cause I found that it was used when Bose and other brands speakers didn't charge the apple devices and they runned out of battery. I'm sorry if i'm repeating the same stuff; it's just that my english is not perfect and i could be asking for help in the wrong way.

Thanks for reading, and any help is gratefully received.

Have you looked inside the Glove box? it should be on the side.
If you don't have one, then you may have to get the IPOD cable adaptor that includes both the AUX and the IPOD connector, which I have showing on this thread. You can look for some on EBAY of go to the stealer.
If you do have the female 3.5 AUX input located in the glove box, then just get a 3.5 male aux cable connector.
Once you have those connected to the Bluetooth I referenced, just go to your command and locate the AUDIO, and look for the AUX and enable it.
I'm just surprised that you don't have an AUX for that car!