E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Phone/UHI Retrofit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 11:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06' E55 AMG, 03' E55 AMG
Phone/UHI Retrofit?

Hey everyone! MY E500 isnt prewired for a phone (doesn't have the plug in the armrest) so im wanting to retrofit it. I found a kit here:

http://www.commandonline.co.uk/Merce...ased-cars.html

It includes the UHI controller, needed wires and fiber wires, the plug, and the antenna. It looks like its all i need but i had one question. Will i have to have the system coded to activate phone integration or will COMAND pick it up itself? I have COMAND-APS.

Im new to the whole COMAND thing and now learning about the MOST system i am sort of confused but slowly figuring it out. And before you say it, Id rather go OEM than play around with aftermarket kits. Any help would be appreciated!!
By the way, has anyone done this before? I know nav retrofit has been done but i couldn't find any threads on phone retrofit. Thanks!!!

EDIT: I have also learned that UHI is the european system and MHI is the north american. So ill have to find or put together a MHI kit but the one question about coding still stands.

Last edited by PutNavid; 10-20-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Cellguy85 also makes these packages. he sells them on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Bluetooth-Phone-Kit-05-E-Class-w-Pop-Open-B-6787-5878-BTM-Refurbished-/151435165796?pt=US_Other_Cell_Phone_Accessories&hash=item23423d4064
Just give him a call, he'll fix you up.

I'm also trying to get this done, and yes, you'll definitely need star to code it.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06' E55 AMG, 03' E55 AMG
thank you so much! ive looked for two days and never came across him. I found some used MHI controllers on ebay for around 100 bucks and im trying to figure out all the other things ill need and see if i can throw the kit together myself and save a couple hundred. Worst case ill just buy his kit if i cant get the other parts. Thanks again and ill keep this thread updated for anyone else interested in doing this.