MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W211) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211-20/)
-   -   What to do? Seller refuses to settle with defective parts they sold me (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/566517-what-do-seller-refuses-settle-defective-parts-they-sold-me.html)

MasterMoparSB 12-04-2014 09:19 PM

What to do? Seller refuses to settle with defective parts they sold me

3 Attachment(s)
Well, besides spreading negative word about a crappy product they sold me, I'm also trying to figure out what I can do to get my $$ back from them. It's the principal that disturbs me. I've attached photos and the emails to and from them.

----------DEC 1 EMAIL 1

Dear fishcake321,

Hello,

After using your corner light housings with the chrome bulbs, I noticed one of the bulbs went out, as I got a message on the dash telling me so. After looking, the bulb on one side did burn out and the housing was filled with water, and when I checked the other housing, it was also filled with water. When removing them, I noticed the housings actually melted and created a hole in which water was able to get in, shorting the circuit and rusting the connections. I am replacing the wire harness and splicing new connections as they are corroded now because of your lights. In regard to this problem, I would like you to resend me a new pair of matching housings I purchased from you, and I will go ahead and buy LED replacement bulbs that run much cooler than the halogen bulbs you sent with the lights. I hope you understand.

P.S.- I took pictures as well

-------- RESPONSE

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us about this, I'm happy to be of assistance. Would you mind providing me the exact date of purchase as well as the first and last name under the purchaser's paypal account so I can identify the transaction to be of better assistance.

We look forward to your reply.
Regards,
Erick

- fishcake321

-------- EMAIL 2

Dear fishcake321,

xxx xxxx, shipped to xxxx xxxxxx,NY. I do not have the date right now

-------- RESPONSE

Thank you for your reply - Please provide an estimate date of purchase.

Regards,
Ellie

-------- EMAIL 3

August 10th

-------- RESPONSE

Hello,

Thank you for providing the date of purchase - I have shown the photos you provided to me to my supervisor who handles the warranty claims and he has rejected this claim as the burn marks are questionable.

Standard incandescent bulbs do not generate the heat to provide that type of burn.

Nonetheless, if you are willing to work with me, I can offer you a new set our unit cost and I will pitch in for some cost+shipping.

Let me know.
Regards,
Ellie

-------- EMAIL 4

Excuse me? Your product does not withstand the heat of the bulb, clearly. I have no reason to uninstall a part and burn it to get new ones, that's absolutely ridiculous, I work 6 days a week I don't have the means to do that. On top of it, your product defect caused my wire harness to be replaced, on a Mercedes Benz, not a cheap fix either, which I am not making you guys pay me for. If you can't understand that, then I will take this further to the next step. Thanks for understanding

-------- RESPONSE

Hello again,

Thank you for your reply - I understand the predicament you are in but as we have sold these side marker lights and many other over the years, this is the first case we have seen of this. Due to this, as it is not a "normal" warranty issue, hence why it had been rejected.

I can offer the replacement at our cost, which I will split with you and pay for shipping. However, if you wish not to proceed with this option, I understand.

Regards,
Ellie

-------- EMAIL 5

It does not matter if it is one that gives you a problem or ten that gives you a problem. It is your problem as the light housings and bulbs you sent me melt on their own once installed.

Waiting...

Facts: I purchased them aug 11, it was a good guess, and I thought i could make a claim on ebay but I cannot apparently, and also cannot with paypal.

This is the product: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEPO-2007-2009-Mercedes-W211-E-CLASS-SMOKE-BUMPER-SIDE-MARKER-LIGHT-CHROME-BULB-/121490276303?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c49627fcf
They look great on my color car, but they melt with regular bulbs!

Plutoe 12-05-2014 06:06 AM

Is this a product that is also offered my MB or did you just purchase the part to pimp up your car--If so I would call Sam.

Stuttgarten 12-05-2014 07:28 PM

I hate crooks ! I'm wondering if you could contest it with your credit card co., that is if you paid by CC, and not a checking account liked to Paypal.

vettdvr 12-05-2014 07:30 PM

Plug the holes with silicon switch to Led's or buy new lights.

Long Islander 12-05-2014 10:59 PM

I had the exact same problem with the same lousy product purchased from another Ebay vendor. Right side bulb was out, so I removed the clear housing to install a new bulb only to find that the housing had melted. I reinstalled the original amber sider marker lamps and vowed not to buy cheaply made aftermarket parts off Ebay.

I had a similar experience with one of those flush hood emblems that replaces the standup star hood ornament. It started to turn yellow after a few months, so I replaced the original again.