E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

airmatic thunk?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry airmatic thunk?

Got a 2003 E320 Advangarte in South Africa with the airmatic option. Brought to my dealer due to rear suspension thunking. These people are telling me that its a "normal" problem with airmatics and arnt willing to give it a fix. Anybody experienced this before? Any opinions on what i should do? Thanks
Old 01-07-2004, 01:34 PM

i had a rear right thunk and it was the shock. dealer replaced both rear shocks and problem fixed. the thunk sound was not on every pot hole however when the right one came, it sounded like a brick being dropped in the trunk.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Almost a Member!

E500
It is a faulty bladder valve in the rear airmatic suspension. I had the two shocks replaced right before the holidays. Dealer here in D.C., Euromotorcars, didn't even give me a fuss. It was nice that I knew my service coordinator. The car is perfect now.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:59 PM
drb

03 E320, sport package, moon roof, sound upgrade, brilliant silver, charcoal leather, heated seats..
Originally posted by bmw2mb
i had a rear right thunk and it was the shock. dealer replaced both rear shocks and problem fixed. the thunk sound was not on every pot hole however when the right one came, it sounded like a brick being dropped in the trunk.
I had this same problem and the same fix. All is quiet now.