E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Pano Sunroof Issues...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 SMG
Pano Sunroof Issues...

Ok so I scoured this forum and havent found my answer. So please forgive me if this is something that has been covered.

I have an 2004 E500 AMG Sport. Bought it with some issues. Fixed some and I havent been able to fix this one BIG issue. The car has a pano roof. The guy I bought it from told me the roof needed a new motor which hell give me BNIB. I accepted the challenge.

Long story short, friend was helping clean my car, hit the auto open switch and the roof opened about 90% of the way until I stopped it. Looked at the manual, found the manual crank and cranked it back ALMOST closed, now its frozen in the "vented" position. After some closer inspection, I noticed there are quite a few bolts missing from the driver side track area where the glass attaches to the actual track.

HOW CAN I CLOSE THE THING ALL THE WAY???

Thats all I want. I dont care about the shades, (which the rear shade works just fine). Just want it to be closed completely. Also, I tried the reset according to the manual, and still nothing. Mostly because the motor is shot and makes a crazy noise when trying to CLOSE the roof. The manual crank wont crank any further. If I crank it while pressing the button it just spins the hex key.

Thanks in advance!!!!!
Old 01-20-2015, 07:54 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
Moon roofs have loads of parts---look in the yellow pages for repair shops and go get an estimate. If you can't afford that-----go to Walmart and get some duct tape.