E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Sold one of our W211's. Keeping the other.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daily Drivers: 2019 Tesla Model 3+, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI, + a few non-street legal race cars
Sold one of our W211's. Keeping the other.

So I just sold our 2004 E320 last night. We bought the car new and drove it for 128K mi. I can't say it was trouble free but in the 8.5 years of ownership, the car only left me stranded once about 4 blocks from home when the fuel pump died.
In case anybody's keeping track of actual market values:
2004 E320
Base Model
128K miles
Excellent Condition (all work done within 4 years): Thrust Arm Bushings, f&r dampers, Brabus 18" wheels, new serpentine belt, Dealer & Independent Mercedes mechanic maintained, new brakes, SBC recall done, new batteries, new lower control arm bushings, recent major service, radiator & water pump replaced about 4 yrs ago, MAF, purge valve, canister, new AC condenser.
SOLD FOR: $7,500
KBB Value: $5,600
I think I did reasonably well, but I think the buyer won on this one because that car is ready for another 100K mi easily. The wife wanted a GLK so guess who gets to drive the 4Matic wagon now?
Old 01-22-2015, 08:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 slk
Originally Posted by realrideracing
So I just sold our 2004 E320 last night. We bought the car new and drove it for 128K mi. I can't say it was trouble free but in the 8.5 years of ownership, the car only left me stranded once about 4 blocks from home when the fuel pump died.
In case anybody's keeping track of actual market values:
2004 E320
Base Model
128K miles
Excellent Condition (all work done within 4 years): Thrust Arm Bushings, f&r dampers, Brabus 18" wheels, new serpentine belt, Dealer & Independent Mercedes mechanic maintained, new brakes, SBC recall done, new batteries, new lower control arm bushings, recent major service, radiator & water pump replaced about 4 yrs ago, MAF, purge valve, canister, new AC condenser.
SOLD FOR: $7,500
KBB Value: $5,600
I think I did reasonably well, but I think the buyer won on this one because that car is ready for another 100K mi easily. The wife wanted a GLK so guess who gets to drive the 4Matic wagon now?
Few questions: When you say sbc recall done, do you mean SBC system was replaced or just bracket was install(thts what the recall was about).
Radiator, water pump, MAF and condenser were replace as part of regular service or you had problem with them?
Old 01-26-2015, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E320
Originally Posted by realrideracing
So I just sold our 2004 E320 last night. We bought the car new and drove it for 128K mi. I can't say it was trouble free but in the 8.5 years of ownership, ....snipped
I'm no math genius, however, if you bought the car new in 2004, and this is now 2015, how does that equate to 8.5 yrs of ownership ? Looks more like 11 to me.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daily Drivers: 2019 Tesla Model 3+, 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI, + a few non-street legal race cars
Good catch! Apparently your math is better than mine. It's more like 10.5 years of ownership. I guess that car did better than I calculated.
As for the question about the SBC, I think they just did the bracket, it was a few years back so I can't remember the details.
The MAF was done to address low speed jerkiness. I'm still not convinced it was that, or the simple throttle body cleaning that solved the problem.
The condenser crapped out so it was replaced.
BTW, we just brought home a pretty optioned out '15 GLK350 on Sunday. So now it's the GLK and the E-Class wagon in the family.