E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E500 vs Audi A6 4.2 (c6)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 01:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E500 4matic
E500 vs Audi A6 4.2 (c6)

How would these 2 cars perform against one another? Handling, ride, power, awd, etc.

for example I have an 04 E500 4matic. How would my car compare to it ?
Old 01-28-2015, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts
2006 E320 CDI 2014 C63 507 Coupe 2012 E550 4M 2016 E63s Wagon
My dad has a C5 A6 2.7T S-line and my W211 E320 CDI was a better car all around. No experience with the C6, although my mom has a ~2007 short wheel base D3 A8 4.2; which is probably comparable. It has a decent MMI & nav, key-less, adjustable air suspension, and lots of technology.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:45 PM

W211
If you are comparing an E500 (04) to an Audi A6 Avant C6 (06 & up), I think the MMI of the A6 is better than the Navi of the E500. It is easier to service the A6 as all you need is a VAGCOM cable while the MB needs the whole DAS system. The C6 (if it comes with air suspension) would be comparable to the MB. The A6 I had, didn't have a self leveling rear suspension, while the E-Wagon has full air suspension, which I really like as you can adjust for height and damping. My wagon interior is almond color and so was my A6 Avant, but the MB wagon has the same light colored materials for the threshold and carpeting which is very hard to clean. The A6 came with a darker color for the lower areas. The rear seat of the MB is the ultimate champion, as you lay lay it flat and even remove the rear seats instead of folding them up against the backrest of the front seats, in case you need an additional 3 to 4 inches of length. The A6 rear backrest only folds down on the rear seats. The A6 rarely comes with the third rear seat whie the MB wagon rarely comes without the third row seat.
Performance should be around the same whereas the MB s RWD whit an automatic 4WD system when needed. The Audi is all-time 4WD.
It is definitely a toss up, just which items you want to have that the other doesn't have. If a third row seating is a must, you'll be pressed to find an A6 with it.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:53 AM

2004 E500 4matic
Originally Posted by 2.7Tallroader
If you are comparing an E500 (04) to an Audi A6 Avant C6 (06 & up), I think the MMI of the A6 is better than the Navi of the E500. It is easier to service the A6 as all you need is a VAGCOM cable while the MB needs the whole DAS system. The C6 (if it comes with air suspension) would be comparable to the MB. The A6 I had, didn't have a self leveling rear suspension, while the E-Wagon has full air suspension, which I really like as you can adjust for height and damping. My wagon interior is almond color and so was my A6 Avant, but the MB wagon has the same light colored materials for the threshold and carpeting which is very hard to clean. The A6 came with a darker color for the lower areas. The rear seat of the MB is the ultimate champion, as you lay lay it flat and even remove the rear seats instead of folding them up against the backrest of the front seats, in case you need an additional 3 to 4 inches of length. The A6 rear backrest only folds down on the rear seats. The A6 rarely comes with the third rear seat whie the MB wagon rarely comes without the third row seat.
Performance should be around the same whereas the MB s RWD whit an automatic 4WD system when needed. The Audi is all-time 4WD.
It is definitely a toss up, just which items you want to have that the other doesn't have. If a third row seating is a must, you'll be pressed to find an A6 with it.
The reason why I ask this is because I was on the van wyck expy from JFK....and when I come around the bend going towards whitestone, I see a (C6) A6 4.2 coming around the bend also ...he is in tiotronic, so he is toying with the gas .... He sees me, I drop down a gear, and floored it passed him .... Half mile down I get off at my exit, he flashes me (good run) ....and had me wondering