E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Went to touchless car wash and water seeped into the vehicle (pictures)

Old 02-26-2015, 01:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
porsche
Went to touchless car wash and water seeped into the vehicle (pictures)

So I have been having a "wind" noise or "whistling" noise coming from my panoramic roof when driving at speeds of 60km and higher and getting the well known (machine gun) noise when trying to open the panoramic roof so it wont open and stays closed.

When it rained hard I never noticed any water seeping into the cabin so I thought it would be ok....

Today I used a touchless car wash for the first time in the E55 and while it was getting washed water started to drip into the passenger side seat from the right corner of the panoramic roof and made the alcantara liner a little wet.

1) Any opinions on whether the water leakage and whistling noise can be fixed by some sort of sealant or will I need a new panoramic roof?

2)some water got onto the passenger side AMG seat, (just on the front seat area not on the back rest or head rest) is this an issue in terms of possible issues it can give with the ventilated seats?

I was recommended a few shops that dealt with sunroofs/panoramic roofs and I plan on asking them on the best way to proceed but I am just wondering what are my options in terms of fixes and what the costs might range from.

Thank you all. I attached a picture of where the leak came from if that helps.
Attached Thumbnails Went to touchless car wash and water seeped into the vehicle (pictures)-img_1280.jpg  
Old 02-26-2015, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by benznewcomer
So I have been having a "wind" noise or "whistling" noise coming from my panoramic roof when driving at speeds of 60km and higher and getting the well known (machine gun) noise when trying to open the panoramic roof so it wont open and stays closed.

When it rained hard I never noticed any water seeping into the cabin so I thought it would be ok....

Today I used a touchless car wash for the first time in the E55 and while it was getting washed water started to drip into the passenger side seat from the right corner of the panoramic roof and made the alcantara liner a little wet.

1) Any opinions on whether the water leakage and whistling noise can be fixed by some sort of sealant or will I need a new panoramic roof?

2)some water got onto the passenger side AMG seat, (just on the front seat area not on the back rest or head rest) is this an issue in terms of possible issues it can give with the ventilated seats?

I was recommended a few shops that dealt with sunroofs/panoramic roofs and I plan on asking them on the best way to proceed but I am just wondering what are my options in terms of fixes and what the costs might range from.

Thank you all. I attached a picture of where the leak came from if that helps.
Maybe the drain tubes are clogged with tree debris or some other crap and it can't drain so it overflows.

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 02-28-2015 at 08:34 AM.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
porsche
any idea on costs involved with this? i might take it to a shop in the next week