E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

European Delivery on leasing. Do the payments start when the car reaches the dealer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 06:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
European Delivery on leasing. Do the payments start when the car reaches the dealer?

Or when it is picked up in Germany? Because theoretically if you had to start paying from the moment you pick it up you would be paying the leasing rate for a few months while being without the car while it is being shipped to the States. How does this work?
Old 01-18-2004, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CL550
When I started the ordering process for European Delivery I was told leasing wasn't a viable option. I never really understood why, but the dealership basically refused to do it. Either way, you have to pay for the car BEFORE you go get it. So you drive it in Europe for up to 2 weeks then wait 6 or so for it to arrive in the US. It's the biggest drawback to European Delivery, but if you are looking for a great experience and a fantastic way to see Europe, I highly recommend going.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 Mercedes E320
I expect leasing is problematic for both insurance and licensing issues when they give the European plate to you and provide the driveaway insurance. The owner is the leasing company, not the person accepting the car.