E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

e55 2003 have it set to automatic temperature on heater?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 09:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
porsche
e55 2003 have it set to automatic temperature on heater?

hi there, sorry if stupid question but is it possible to automatically set the air conditioning to certain temperatures rather than using the buttons to adjust the heat to the different temperatures each time? and how do you turn off the air conditioning on the passenger side and only have it on the drivers side?

thanks all
Old 03-18-2015, 07:50 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,021 Likes on 949 Posts
1999 E300TD
I am as confused are you----as for the front, you have a two zone system

Your questions as follows

"is it possible to automatically set the air conditioning to certain temperatures rather than using the buttons to adjust the heat to the different temperatures each time?"

Your question does not make any sense---you select AC(either on or off) and then select a comfortable temp(digital display) for your side button----you can set the fan speed to auto, but still reduce the fan speed via the buttons

Your second question--

"and how do you turn off the air conditioning on the passenger side and only have it on the drivers side?"

You don't--You raise the passanger side temp and reduce the fan speed

You need to spend an evening reading and understanding your owners manual
Old 03-18-2015, 12:29 PM

porsche
Sorry if unclear, what i am wanting to do is basically have a preset button of sorts to be able to press and automatically have the ac run to a preset temerature rather than using the up/down buttons

the auto button just varies the fan speed? so lets say i have the temperature set to 30 degrees c because i go to work in the morning when its cold...when i am driving home from work its really hot outside and i want the a/c temperature set to 15 degrees c so i have to manually change it to 15 every time or can i have it automatically go to 15 with the push of a button?

what good is the auto fan button if its consistenly blowing 30 degree temperature air when i need it cooler???
Old 03-18-2015, 04:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

1999 E300TD
The Vulcan mind meld is not currently available. However appreciate what you say--I would love to find a toaster that could read my mind and every time and correctly produce the type of toast that I think that morning.

The auto fans input is from the sun sensor and the in car temp sensor---the objective is to as rapidly as possible reach the temp set by the driver and or passenger. If that is an issue-----then simply turn off the auto fan feature and find a manual position that accommodates the quantity of air you want.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:13 PM

porsche
im very surprised that you cant save a setting for temperature when you can save 3 settings for positions of seats and steering wheel and rearview mirrors
Old 03-18-2015, 04:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

1999 E300TD
Me too, however, what do you do if your are not one of the three to drive the car!!
Old 03-18-2015, 04:50 PM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
Originally Posted by benznewcomer
the auto button just varies the fan speed? so lets say i have the temperature set to 30 degrees c because i go to work in the morning when its cold...when i am driving home from work its really hot outside and i want the a/c temperature set to 15 degrees c so i have to manually change it to 15 every time or can i have it automatically go to 15 with the push of a button?
You are like my mother-in-law, thinking that if you turn the thermostat up it will get warm faster, or turn it down and it will cool faster, neither action works. Between summer and winter I may move the temperature control one notch. It will NOT cool or heat faster if you turn the controls all the way up or down.
Just my $.02
Mike T.