E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

airmatic fault code question??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche 991S, Porsche Cayenne Diesel, W211 E500 Wagon, '71 Alfa Romeo Spider, E36 M3, W211 E55 AMG
airmatic fault code question??

Greetings all. I'm posting hoping that a tech or other expert at diagnosing these cars can help out.
I have two repeating fault codes in my '05 E500 4matic wagon.

Fault: B22/3 (rear axle level sensor signal): Signal implausible B22/7 (Left rear level sensor): Signal failure 005151

Fault: The signal from component A51 (headlamp range adjustment rear axle sensor) is implausible. The signal from component B22/3 (rear axle level sensor) is implausible. The signal from component B22/10 (Right rear level sensor) is implausible. Not Relevant! 009063

I have replaced the rear ride height level sensor. The dash warning light and the fault codes did not appear for a few months. Recently, the light and the faults coming on more often.

My questions:
1) Obviously there is some relationship between the two faults. Could the headlamp adjuster be failing and causing the fault signal from the rear ride sensor? Is there something I can replace in the headlamp that is related to the height adjustment mechanism?

2) I thought there was only one rear ride height level sensor, the fault codes reference a left and right rear ride height sensor. What am I missing here?

3) Is there a common failure of the wiring between the ride height sensor and the controller I can look for?
Finally,

4) Does an air leak in the pneumatic system somehow cause an "implausible signal" from the rear ride height sensor? Does the "implausible signal" fault code say the sensor has failed (usually with a current request being out range because the resistance is either too high or too low from a failed sensor)? Or does it suggest the sensor itself it literally "out of range" because the ride height is so extreme (either up of down) that the current signal from it can't be "read"?

Thanks. Jed
Old 09-06-2021, 06:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 E55/04 SL55/R35 GTR
Did you ever find a solution to this? I’m having the exact same issue. If anybody has had this problem please shed some light as this thing is pissing me the f*** off…😑 Thanks
Old 05-10-2022, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GL350
Fixed?

Hello. I’m having this issue with fault 5193 and zero voltage from all sensors. Did you get yours resolved? If so, what finally fixed it?
Old 05-12-2022, 12:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 E55/04 SL55/R35 GTR
It ended up being the wire harness that connects to the rear level sensor and runs to behind the rear quarter panel splash shield. There was a TSB on it from years ago that I ended up stumbling on. I’ve attached it below. I replaced with the revised part number and all has been well.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
W211 rear level sensor.pdf (67.8 KB, 531 views)

Last edited by MUSTANGRIDAH; 05-13-2022 at 11:42 PM.