E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

When does your seat/wheel adjust to second key??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-220CDI, VW Multivan 2.5TDI
Question When does your seat/wheel adjust to second key??

HI,
I have set everything to key dependant. My wife programmed her seat/wheel to her memory 1 position and I did the same for my key.

I thought, everything adjusts to the key settings when opening the door, or latest when turning the key. But with my car, nothing happens. My wife has to adjust everything by pressing 1 and so do I.

Is this normal? COMAND, Climate and everything is adjusted to the key settings as soon as the key is turned, but the seat/wheel has to be moved to the saved position by pressing the respective memory key for a few seconds (although her and my settings both are on memory 1 and this actually works for the different keys).

I hope you understand my problem, I am not a native english speaking person
Old 01-20-2004, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
check your manual...

I've found that the seat does adjust to the setting last used for each key, even w/o saving the seat setting in memory
Old 01-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Well, look at the steering wheel mover. I noticed on the S class you can twist the lever and if you twist it then the easy entry/exit is turned off, and the wheel and seat has to be moved by holding 1,2,3. Just check to see if that might be the problem.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:40 AM

E-220CDI, VW Multivan 2.5TDI
Originally posted by IluvS500
Well, look at the steering wheel mover. I noticed on the S class you can twist the lever and if you twist it then the easy entry/exit is turned off, and the wheel and seat has to be moved by holding 1,2,3. Just check to see if that might be the problem.
Hi,
my problem is not the easy entry/exit feature!

My wife is shorter than me so her seat is moved more foreward than mine. She also prefers to sit higher. Regardless of the "memory" her or my seat position is programmed to...

...when my wife drove the car with her key and I open the car with mine the seat and wheel remain in the position they were while she was driving. So it is kind of hard getting into the car - then I have to press Memory1 to set everything to my settings.

Same with her... when I return and lock the car and she unlocks it with her key, nothing happens. She has to use her memory 1 to get everything back to her "normal".

I just thought the seat/wheel move to the last used position for every key when opening the car (so I can easily enter the car after my wife drove ).

Please let me know how it works with your E so maybe I have it checked by the dealer.