E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

new e-class quality bad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new e-class quality bad

hey fellow car fans

just read an article in the german auto bild about the new e-class.
interior looks good, but some parts are made of cheap plastics. in the test car some buttons were badly aligned and the armrest-opener came off. also the glovefold (dont know if that is the right name) only closed with large amount of force.

man, dont they get it...customers want to feel the quality they pay for...they dont want to see cheap plastics in a 50k$+ car.

also the vaneo, the new van for europe gets bashed, poor quality.
mercedes is really losing it and starts getting a bad reputation.
Old 03-22-2002, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MAn this stinxs, not something i would expect from Mercedes
-maybe it was a screwed up car?

-Musfather
Old 03-23-2002, 02:15 AM

14 'E550
I'm very impressed with how the new E looks and overall the interior is fairly nice....but it still looks like MB is having a party with plastic.

For instance, this photo....I pointed this out in another thread. Am I missing something, or does this center armrest look like plastic (the entire thing)- no leather at all. Definitely not cool if thats the case.

Old 03-23-2002, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1963 220Sb
The inside might be plastic

but the outer covering is the vinyl that they have always used pm the armrests, and the inside is felt... that is nothing to look that far into....

In this month's CAR, it says that the interior is back up to mercedes quality, and they were very impressed with it.
Old 03-23-2002, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Beltfed
I'm very impressed with how the new E looks and overall the interior is fairly nice....but it still looks like MB is having a party with plastic.

For instance, this photo....I pointed this out in another thread. Am I missing something, or does this center armrest look like plastic (the entire thing)- no leather at all. Definitely not cool if thats the case.
I dont mean to sound like i like lots of plastic in cars but they do have to keep the weight down on these cars as a certain level of performance is expected from them. Also some things are not going to see a lot of daily use so plastic is okay for those pieces, however i do agree that Mercedes would be better off going back to their loose handed use of real wood and other fine trimmings to boost the exclusivity of their cars.
Just my $0.02.