E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Lowering Module for Airmatics (ABC)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
Lowering Module for Airmatics (ABC)

I see a number of aftermarket mfg's are offering electronic lowering modules for w211's with airmatic suspension. I was told that kleeman offered the most adjustable of the bunch, with 5 different settings. Does anyone have any experience with this unit? I was told the brabus and the carlsson both only go 1-1.5 inches down. All 3 are priced around $2,000. I was considering doing it through the computer with software or the bracket relocate method, but both of those solutions at best give you 1.5 inches. I would like closer to 2 inches. Also, it stands to reason that by using a electronic add on module your airmatic settings inside the car would be more accurate to what mercedes had in mind when the car was OEM. Any thoughts on this?

-Geoff Brandon
03' E500
Old 01-24-2004, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
i dont know about thier products, but in the title, you wrote ABC, thats different from airmatic, and isnt available on E models, are you sure they werent talking about ABC?, and not airmatic?
Old 01-24-2004, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
ooops..... I thought ABC and airmatic were the same. What exactly is ABC?
I know my car has airmatic. Am I back to lowering it with the software? If so, do you know if its going to be possible to get the 2" I want?

-Geoff
Old 01-24-2004, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Originally posted by gbrandon
ooops..... I thought ABC and airmatic were the same. What exactly is ABC?
I know my car has airmatic. Am I back to lowering it with the software? If so, do you know if its going to be possible to get the 2" I want?

-Geoff

i dont know about your drop, you can do it manaully for a lot cheaper. just search for Epower on his threads. abc is basically a better version and better version of airmatic, its only available on s, cl, and sl i believe. pretty expensive, i think its for ride, and body roll.

http://www.mbusa.com/brand/models/S500V.jsp

click on features, then spotlight, then ABC. they will show you a video and stuf.