E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Got a call from JD Powers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 10:18 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a call from JD Powers

They were doing what seemed like an investigation into radio reception problems with the E class. The girl lead me to believe they think it was due to people putting tint on the windows. Wasn't a problem for me since I got non-metallic tint to avoid this problem (thanks to this group for the tip).

I told her I didn't have this problem but let her know about how they had to replace the instrument cluster and audio gateway to fix other issues.

I found it interesting that they were calling just about radio reception problems so I thought I would share this info.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:55 PM

2003 E-500
It's interesting that you got this call. Did you send in a survey to them listing the radio static as a problem?

I completed their survey for the E-500 I got last August but haven't had the static problem as yet. Nice to see they follow up and keep the pressure on MB.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:44 PM

I got a survey in the mail--hahahaha--can't wait to fill it out. Initial quality my....a#$.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
DO NOT DROP THE BALL HERE!

If you are selected to participate in one of our surveys, your feedback is key in helping to create positive change by providing legitimate, unbiased opinions and experiences to top industry decision-makers.

J.D. Power and Associates
2625 Townsgate Road
Westlake Village, CA 91361
Phone: (805) 418-8000
Toll Free (800) 274-5372
Fax: (805) 418-8900
Old 01-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Almost a Member!

Double E, I did fill out a survey that JP Powers sent when I first got my car and I let they know about the radio problem. I didn't mention any reception problems since I didn't have any.

The one survey I didn't get was the one from MB about the dealer after purchase. I think the dealer purposely put an address incorrectly into the system since they messed up my purchase. I ended up calling MB USA and letting they know how it went and correcting my info. I bought my car in Austin and after talking with several other local buyers, I have yet to find someone who didn't at least hate them. They are the only dealer in town so customer service is optional for them. In the end it doesn’t matter, I really like my e class.