E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

dome light stays on after alarm tripped

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320
dome light stays on after alarm tripped

Greetings, my neighbor has a 2003 E320 sedan and while he and family are on vacation, we're looking after their house. His car is parked under the porte cochere and we noticed a flat rear tire. I texted the neighbor and offered to fix the flat so that he wouldn't have to worry about it when he gets back. I wondered if jacking up the rear of the car would set off the alarm, and it did a couple of times ... but the alarm reset each time after a minute or two. I took off the wheel to get the flat fixed and put it back on no problems (couldn't find clear specs for lug bolt torque, so I torqued to 85 ft-lbs ... but I digress). Now I notice that the interior dome light has been on all afternoon. I'm sure it wasn't on before I fixed the flat. I assume this condition is a result of tripping the alarm. I don't have keys to the car and all doors are locked. Can you guys think of anything simple that I can do to turn off the dome light? Otherwise, instead of a flat tire, he's going to have a flat battery. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-24-2015, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
I have not noticed this before that is strange is it only the front one or back one and not both? Mirror lights on?
The wheel torque should be at 130 Nm fyi