Aftermarket Android head unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 01:40 PM
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
mgLipGD
Originally Posted by boardboy330
What specifications did you use to come up with 200w per channel?
I came up with the 200W purely from my testing. (granted i used a 300w per channel amp, however i achieved ear popping sound @ 230W and i don't think everyone listens to as loud as me, heck i wouldn't even have it that loud.

I suggested at least 200W because that's something you want to have more then less. its better to go more WATTS and turn down the gain than to go very low WATTS and crank up the gain and cause potential signal clipping.

so anyways I worked it out roughly 200w = 100w RMS and divide that on 2 speakers= 50w RMS each, which is double what the stock unit can do. I can work out exact RMS figures. however this i don't think there is a need to go that technical.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:48 PM
Banned

mgLipGD
there ya go guys.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ml#post6518096
Old 08-10-2015, 03:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C219 CLS350
Originally Posted by Xpresion
sure,

you will need both these items.

This one connects to the GPS connector in the boot and runs to the front unit

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3m-9f...327753401.html

and this one connects to the units GPS port and converts it to male to match the 5 meter cable

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Unive...548280266.html

Would this one work, with the 90degree?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/RG174...977879651.html
Old 09-04-2015, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Need some input on what to do. My comand took a dump recently and I'm open to multiple options, including OEM replacement. I've got a 2009 E350 SS w/ HK System and Sirius radio. I honestly don't care for the OEM Navigation on the car and have never really cared for it. The most important thing for me is still having ability to control OEM volume, and change radio channels. I'm already subscribed for Sirius for another 2 years, so compatibility on that would be great too, but if that's not an option w/ aftermarket units, then I guess I'll have to opt for OEM.

Would love to hear everyone's input on this.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w211 e320 2005
Tubaprde, the difference between dual and quad is immeasurable. i can see from the videos of Avin units they are already lagging. i would hate to see how much more they will lag with live wallpapers and running a few more applications.

FWIW, i would say go for the unit i posted earlier. just make sure you send them questions first saying that you will need a 6m long radio antenna cable as well as the 6m long speaker cable.. (address your questions to a person named "Andrew")

As for installation. if you follow my video of how i installed the cables, you should be able to do it yourself and save $$$, everything is plug and play. there is no extra wiring or connection required of you until you decide to install an amp to power all the speakers etc.

The unit did not come with any installation instructions. but believe me, with he help of my video above, its very simple.

The interior on the e class is very simple and everything removes in orderly fashion, nothing should break or snap on you. there are guilds everywhere on how to remove the factory stereo etc.

Also just to correct you, the AVIN and This Aliexpress unit both will only power the 4 speakers in the car. so all 4 door speakers. whats left is another 4 speakers. (SUB, Front center, and there are also 2 more speakers attached to the subwoofer enclosure!)

the 45w will struggle and sound horrible with HK speakers as they require more juice. so i highly recommend an after market amp.

I believe the best way to power all your speakers is:

Buy a powerful 4 channel amp. at least 200w per channel. (mine is 300w per channel and it sounds amazing and has plenty of juice left in it to blow up the speakers if i wish to increase the gain)

my setup is

Power all the LEFT speakers of the car from the front L channel (300w)
Power all the RIGHT speakers of the car from the front R channel (300w)
Power the factory sub woofer from the Rear L and R channels(600w)

using the plitter box i powered the center speaker and the 2 small parcel shelf speakers next to the sub)

You wont have 4 channel surround sound. but you will still have stereo sound.

This setup will allow you to increase the volume of the sub by fading more to the rear or reduce it by fading to the front on the stereo unit.

if you have independent subwoofer control on your unit (AVIN unit) then you can run a second amp and run a 5m long RCA cable to it. (personally i think that's a waste of time and money) After all stereo sound is what songs are recorded in.
Please can you give me a link on aliexpress.com for the amplifier ?
Old 11-12-2015, 08:16 PM

E320 (w210) & E220 Wagon (w212)
Update:

So i just sorted out the steering wheel control issue myself, luckily i knew the password to the factory settings menu and so i accessed the engineering menu of the unit and saw that the technician in china had not selected the type of canbuss protocol. they just left it at (NO) so i simply changed it from no to Mercedes benz and wola! full steering wheel control etc. (volume up , down, telephone, and music track control)

I have informed the company of this so future units should not have this issue. (i beleive it was a one off, they may have rushed the unit and forgot about that part?)

the only thing left is the display of radio stations and tracks on the speed cluster ( personally i think its a minor issue and i cannot foresee myself using it as i will most likley have the speed as my display. However i have informed the company and am awaiting their response and solution).

So all up the unit seems all good so far. and only thing left is the display of tracks.
Hi Xpresion, where did you get the password for the factory settings ? also where can I find the antenna extension cable? is this the right one :
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Antennen-Verl...pjfvImWmFXrbsA

Thank you

Last edited by ayadov77; 11-12-2015 at 10:11 PM.
Old 11-13-2015, 10:22 PM

C219 CLS350
Originally Posted by ayadov77
Hi Xpresion, where did you get the password for the factory settings ? also where can I find the antenna extension cable? is this the right one :
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Antennen-Verl...pjfvImWmFXrbsA

Thank you
Factory password for Huifei is 126.

Suggested firmware:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=12068

General threads for firmware/hardware:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android-auto

Cheers

Old 11-14-2015, 06:23 PM

E55, past: SL55, 560SEL
Anyone get the Bluetooth working properly so that the person on the other line doesn't hear themselves echo? It's driving me crazy and basically makes the Bluetooth phone functionality useless. Is there some embedded setting somewhere to tweak the pickup or some audio delay adjustability?

Last edited by tubaprde; 11-14-2015 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:54 PM

Yikes...A guy over the xda forum said the only way to fix the bluetooth is by doing this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3246277

Way to involved for me.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:32 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
'04 E55 AMG
Sounds complicated tuba, but possibly do-able if you found someone local good with electronics. At least there is hope and a potential fix.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Mercedes
Does the motorized dash pocket function after installing this unit?
Old 11-28-2015, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by JoeNobody
Does the motorized dash pocket function after installing this unit?
Mine does not but there's a few people on this form working on making it work again...of course not for the six disc player but for a secret compartment area thing
Old 11-29-2015, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Yeah there's a way to wire up the pocket so it's motorized again, although it's not a one touch open/close, and instead just a manual movement switch.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:17 AM

w211 e320 2005
Originally Posted by JoeNobody
Yeah there's a way to wire up the pocket so it's motorized again, although it's not a one touch open/close, and instead just a manual movement switch.
Please can you share how to wire the CD changer, if possible a video on how to do it ?
Old 11-30-2015, 11:00 AM
Banned

mgLipGD
the cd changer will only work if the complete original system is at sync. This includes the Optical fiber ring, and Canbuss that connects all the components of the w211 entertainment system.

really the only way that may work is to keep all the original hardware connected and just splice the new unit into it and then purchase an optical fiber joiner which will allow for the signal to continue where it is now cut because the original comand is removed.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
You can also get an inline module that makes the pocket function again.

It's the 'video in motion' module for NTG2.5, but it would work with aftermarket radios as well (obviously the video in motion part only applies to NTG2.5).
Old 01-26-2016, 01:31 PM

2000 CLK320
W209 Chinese android units

Michael,

I would appreciate your advice on this since you have installed these in w209. I have a 2004 clk320 with Bose sound system. I came across these brands Erisin and Xtrons. Is yours one of these? As you see in the links below they are both android 4.4.4. But don't say "pure". Erosion will charge me $378 including the 6 m bypass cable and shipping to USA.

http://xtrons.com/7-android-4-4-4-kitkat-quad-core-car-dvd-player-with-screen-mirroring-function-obd2-for-mercedes-benz-1080.html

zubin.p, Stay away from non pure android units. they are old and very bad! they run a dual boot and the unit is very slow and unstable. its also most likely resistive touch! so that's a big no no!

Stay away from Dynavin units. i tested them back in the days for w211 and they were poor quality and overprices. basically its still a Chinese unit but with slight modifications done by Dynavin to make it their own.

AVIN Avant look like the same unit as the chinese ones but with old hardware, however i am sure they are working on the quad core variant. personally looking at the price i think if you deal with Avin you will get better customer service, i was dealing directly with Chinese companies and this has a HUGE language barrier. however buying directly from china you will grab the unit slightly cheaper.

The unit i have is android 4.4.4 pure. so no dual booting etc.

I will get some pictures etc together when i tackle the install. atm i am waiting for a new canbuss box as i believe they sent me the wrong one as i am unable to get steering wheel controls etc. (i am constantly in touch with the engineers in china via phone, and helping them perfect the product so that everything is plug and play and correct components. so hopefully the next month or so they will be selling the unit completely working with no silly issues such as (no 6m long radio cable, or correct canbuss box)

This is the seller that i purchased the unit from
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Andro...327114834.html

add to that $60 USd for the 6m power cable and $20 for the 6m radio antenna and that should be all you need. as you can see its stacks cheaper.
Old 01-26-2016, 01:35 PM

2000 CLK320
Sorry forgot to include the Erisin link:

http://erisin.kancart.com/item_detail/578-Erisin-ES2507B-Mercedes-Benz-C-Class-W203-CLK-W209-W163-Car-Stereo#!detail

I would really appreciate your advice!

zubin.p, Stay away from non pure android units. they are old and very bad! they run a dual boot and the unit is very slow and unstable. its also most likely resistive touch! so that's a big no no!

Stay away from Dynavin units. i tested them back in the days for w211 and they were poor quality and overprices. basically its still a Chinese unit but with slight modifications done by Dynavin to make it their own.

AVIN Avant look like the same unit as the chinese ones but with old hardware, however i am sure they are working on the quad core variant. personally looking at the price i think if you deal with Avin you will get better customer service, i was dealing directly with Chinese companies and this has a HUGE language barrier. however buying directly from china you will grab the unit slightly cheaper.

The unit i have is android 4.4.4 pure. so no dual booting etc.

I will get some pictures etc together when i tackle the install. atm i am waiting for a new canbuss box as i believe they sent me the wrong one as i am unable to get steering wheel controls etc. (i am constantly in touch with the engineers in china via phone, and helping them perfect the product so that everything is plug and play and correct components. so hopefully the next month or so they will be selling the unit completely working with no silly issues such as (no 6m long radio cable, or correct canbuss box)

This is the seller that i purchased the unit from
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Andro...327114834.html

add to that $60 USd for the 6m power cable and $20 for the 6m radio antenna and that should be all you need. as you can see its stacks cheaper.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:14 PM

Received 182 Likes on 113 Posts
2016 E350 Sport; Mom Wrecked the 2008 E350; sold the 2002 C320
Originally Posted by drexappeal
Need some input on what to do. My comand took a dump recently and I'm open to multiple options, including OEM replacement. I've got a 2009 E350 SS w/ HK System and Sirius radio. I honestly don't care for the OEM Navigation on the car and have never really cared for it. The most important thing for me is still having ability to control OEM volume, and change radio channels. I'm already subscribed for Sirius for another 2 years, so compatibility on that would be great too, but if that's not an option w/ aftermarket units, then I guess I'll have to opt for OEM.

Would love to hear everyone's input on this.

Take a look at this thread, particularly Post #55 (mine) and the included links. Opens up the possibility to upgrade to anything you want with minimal modification. I was itching for one of these Android units but with my car having Logic 7, it was a non-starter. Then I found the above.

If your Sirius subscription is for the oem system, you might be out of luck. You never know though, it would be a matter of calling it in.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:52 PM

2010 SLK350
Question HU for 2010 SLK350

Michael, I'm looking for an upgrade for my 2010 SLK350. There's none listed on the aliexpress site you referenced but are others on aliexpress so I don't know which are the units you approve of. What do you suggest?

Last edited by LEFTYS7; 01-29-2016 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:40 PM

2008 E350
Hello Xpresion, I just ordered one of the quad core units myself and iwant to use my current GPS cables. Can you explain what connectors i will need?
Old 07-06-2016, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
I'm selling an extra unit I have. Brand new! Cheap!

https://mbworld.org/forums/mobile-el...9-e-class.html

Last edited by JoeNobody; 07-06-2016 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:43 PM
Banned

mgLipGD
Originally Posted by Wallllace
Sorry forgot to include the Erisin link:

http://erisin.kancart.com/item_detai...Stereo#!detail

I would really appreciate your advice!

Im sorry as i am quite busy but i didn't wanna leave you waiting, i quickly looked at it and both seem to be using the good hardware setup. (Rockstar Quad core 1.6Ghz chip). i would say either will be good mate. I believe both had 1024x600 resolution too which is a must as its a much better screen.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:44 PM
Banned

mgLipGD
Originally Posted by MyCarHeru
Hello Xpresion, I just ordered one of the quad core units myself and iwant to use my current GPS cables. Can you explain what connectors i will need?

Check the first page mate, everything should be there

Last edited by Xpresion; 07-06-2016 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:05 PM
Banned

mgLipGD
Originally Posted by LEFTYS7
Michael, I'm looking for an upgrade for my 2010 SLK350. There's none listed on the aliexpress site you referenced but are others on aliexpress so I don't know which are the units you approve of. What do you suggest?

Here you go mate,

(http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Andro...0-62aa437d5f93)

just be careful of many other ones as they are Dual core 1.6ghz not quad core like i linked you.

Also there are a few which are quad core , however run an S160 system which is dual boot.

Basically, just buy the one i linked you

Last edited by Xpresion; 07-06-2016 at 09:17 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Android head unit