E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

List of things MB Dealership should update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 E350 AMG Sport
List of things MB Dealership should update

I'm going in to fix some creeking noise coming from the panoramic roof in my 09 E350. It's likely lubrication-related. The stealership will charge me $125 to look at it and fix it. If it's not lubrication-related, they'll give me a quote of costs.

I'd like to get more out of the visit. Besides a COMAND system update, does anyone have a list of things I can ask them to update in my car while they have access to it?
Old 06-26-2015, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,165 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
You should search the threads on the pano roof. If it's not lubrication, they might want to replace the motor which is expensive. I think comand in your year should still get updated with the most current Nav disk. You can't use a burned image though, you need an original, but I think once it loads on the HD, you can then sell it.

There's a bunch of stuff you can only enable in Star, not sure if they'll do the mods for you or know how to. I think you can enable the mirrors to dip down when going into reverse, it's disabled by default for some reason. You could also ask them to enable bluetooth audio. There are probably a few other star mods out there, but those are the only two that come to mind right now. Oh and if you have the folding rear seats, you can have them fix it so that you can move the front passenger seat back.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 E350 AMG Sport
An update: MB dealership didn’t charge me $125 to look at the car because after a test-drive, they knew what the problem likely was. It’s loose hardware. This confirms my initial suspicion.

The rep was knowledgeable about pano roofs and said the W211 model roofs were the first and this is a common issue he’s seen. They are asking $695 to fix it with no guarantees that the fix (i.e. - tightening of hardware) will stay that way.

Yikes.

For now, I’ll turn up the music.