E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Teleaid Malfunction and No Sat on Navi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 05:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06' E55 AMG, 03' E55 AMG
Teleaid Malfunction and No Sat on Navi

Hey everyone, its been a while since I've posted on here, I recently got into a 2006 E55 and im having a few issues. When I first bought the car I kept getting the SOS Teleaid malfunction message but i ignored it. Recently its developed a new issue, the navigation doesn't know where i am on the map. I checked and its not connected to any satellites. I tried the method of cleaning the splitter which didn't work so i replaced it. Still didn't solve my problem so i am now convinced its the antenna. My question is how do i go about replacing it? I read a few posts and people are saying the wire is sealed under the glass? If someone who has done this can tell me how the wire is routed and if its simple to replace i would appreciate it.
One other idea i had was to put in a aftermarket gps antenna with the same connector. Would this work with the teleaid aswell or just the gps?
Old 09-11-2015, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 131 Posts
Too many german broads
Had the same issue where I has the sos malfunction then shortly after my location on the map was very off...Thought it was a antenna as well, but the dealer disabled teleaid then rewired the splitter from tele aid. I have to look at the invoice to see exactly was done again but my nav is working fine again and the sos malf is gone since they disabled tele aid.

Last edited by OnlyGerman; 09-11-2015 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
2009 E550 2000 Honda civic mash n' go
But how do you know for sure it's your antenna? Your nav module could be faulty and or your OCP. You need to properly diagnose it first then replace parts, because then you'll be salty that it still isn't fixed. I've replaced a few of these antennas before. Lets just say it isn't exactly a DIY if you don't use the correct lube and or method to replace.

Get you hooked up to some star diagnosis so you can buy one part and make sure it's fixed.