E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

What is VPC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is VPC

I know this may be a dumb question, But i just don't know what VPC is. I see posts on the forum and VPC in the posts, but I don't know what it is.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Re: What is VPC

Originally posted by nymbc
I know this may be a dumb question, But i just don't know what VPC is. I see posts on the forum and VPC in the posts, but I don't know what it is.
not a bad Q at all, in fact i dont even know what it means. im sure its vehicle blank center or something, but it is where the MB's come off the ship, and they test the car, to make sure everything is up to par with emissions i believe. sometimes when u order a new car, the speedo will have some miles on it, usually less than 15, those miles were tested at the VPC. from the VPC, a truck brings it to the dealer.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Having read some of the very alarming threads relating to suspension, jumping out of gear, defective radio's. Could it stand for V ery P oor C hecking.

Regards,
John
Old 02-16-2004, 02:28 PM

thanks for your help, you explained alot. One last question how long does it take the car to make it to the dealer, once it is at the VPC.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz S500L AMG Premium Plus
I reckon it's Vehicle Preparation Centre.
Old 02-16-2004, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
thanks for your help, you explained alot. One last question how long does it take the car to make it to the dealer, once it is at the VPC.
usually it will take a week, depending how far you are from the VPC. sometimes it can take up to a month, but thats when its a bad car, i would expect it to be be perfect within a week, that includes dealer preps like detailing also, GL
Old 02-16-2004, 03:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Re: What is VPC

don't know what VPC is
To reiterate and, if I may, expand a bit on the definitions posted by my esteemed colleagues VPC indeed stand for Vehicle Processing Center of which MBUSA has three, Belcamp - MD, Carson - CA, and Jacksonville - FL. In regard to how long processing and delivery takes, believe it or not, your dealer should best be able to tell you or, at the very least, offer to make an inquiry on your behalf. If not, pm your email address and location.
Old 02-16-2004, 03:39 PM

2013 E350
Take a look at http://www2.autospies.com/article/in...articleID=2624 for an explanation of BMW's VDC.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz S500L AMG Premium Plus
Fascinating insight jbec.keane. Thanks for the post.

I don't think I'd be too chuffed to find out that my new car had as much work done to it as that Mini had. Even although the VPC has to declare significant damage to the dealer, do they have to declare to the customer?
Old 02-16-2004, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW 550i
It will depend on the location of you in relation to the VPC, and any additional work that needs to be done on your car. If you get the phone option, that will also be installed at the VPC, which will further delay your shipment to the dealer. Checking through Netstar, the dealer *should* be able to give you a pretty good estimate as to when it will arrive at your dealership. They can also contact the VPC directly to try and get it faster. Cars that are sold are dealt with in a faster manner, but they also want to get a truckload full up to the dealer.

Mine was sitting at the VPC for about three weeks, presumably since it was in the first batch of E's that were to start to be delivered to US dealerships.