E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

electrical issue i suppose

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 e320
electrical issue i suppose

i have a few separate electrical/computer issues. not to knowledgable. i will start off in a list :
- i removed the side mirror housing to instal led bulbs in the puddle lights. installed back. and now it seems as if the dimming is not working? is there a catch as to why, maybe a step i missed in re-installing housing?

- also, there seems to be a delay in the computer... sometime the steering will take a while before it even starts to move into my memorized position. sometimes it doesn't move at all. but there times it works fine. this also occurs with the tilting of the side mirrors when put in reverse.

any ideas please
Old 12-15-2015, 02:54 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
84 300d 2009 e320 bluetec
IMHO: Check to connection and shorts in the area that you were working in. Fix.

Do a search on Mercedes synchronize in your owner manual and web. After computer reset, lots of the positional memory is lost. If that fails, do another search for the synch are different even within a model.

Last resort (do at own risk), turn off the headlights, disconnect the battery, wait 10 minutes and connect back the battery without much sparking. Disconnecting the battery is hazardous to the SAM units, but may be necessary to reset some gremils. Then synch.

Not a mechanic

Last edited by dave2001auto; 12-15-2015 at 02:56 PM. Reason: claification