E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

I replaced my windshield washer pump. Still no spray. What next?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 06:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 AMG GTS
I replaced my windshield washer pump. Still no spray. What next?

Every thread that I could find on this matter just had the same remarks saying that it was the pump. I just replaced my pump with a new unit and still have no pray coming from the washer nozzles. What is the next thing that I should check or try to replace? Not having windshield washer spray in the winter is a little inconvenient. Thanks!
Old 01-16-2016, 12:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,446 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
Check underside connections, clean nozzles see here http://workshop-manuals.com/mercedes...es/page_21437/
Attached Thumbnails I replaced my windshield washer pump. Still no spray. What next?-capture.jpg  

Last edited by konigstiger; 01-16-2016 at 12:07 AM.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts
2011 E63, 2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 v8, 2013 GMC Denali XL, 1965 Ford Mustang, 2005 Merc. E500
replace the small rubber hoses.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
Most likely nozzles' plugged

Originally Posted by cardoza
Every thread that I could find on this matter just had the same remarks saying that it was the pump. I just replaced my pump with a new unit and still have no pray coming from the washer nozzles. What is the next thing that I should check or try to replace? Not having windshield washer spray in the winter is a little inconvenient. Thanks!
I have/had the same issue, in my case the pressure was so great that the rubber hoses came off the sprayers. They are a little tricky to remove...but with a long set of tweezers you can separate the tabs (that hold them in) and remove the sprayers. (nice thing about MB, is they allow you to extend the hood to the service position...almost vertical.. check the latches on the sides of the hinges, to release the hood to service position)

once removed you can clean them/soak them in a vinegar and water solution. (they are heated and the heating element corrodes and then clogs up the nozzle). You should be able to freely blow air through them. If not, wash, rinse dry ...repeat.

As always..usual disclaimers.. DIY at your own risk.

Cheers