E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Tel-aid, beware

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350 Sport
Angry Tel-aid, beware

Just passed my 1yr. ownership of my current Mercedes. I, not wanting to renew Tel-aid went on-line to Tel-aid. It told me I was not subscribed. Despite, this, my credit card was billed the $220+ for the yearly renewal fee. I called and "straightened" this out.

So, the moral of the story: don't assume you're not subscribed and that you won't be billed accordingly just because you did not actively renew your subscription.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Your correct. You need to call Tele Aid if you DO NOT WANT TO RENEW. If you do not actively call to cancel you WILL BE automatically renewed.

The Tele Aid contract you signed upon purchase of your vehicle explains this as well.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:30 PM

04' E500 w/Appear. PKG, Panorama Roof
tele-aid miscue

I was very disappointed that I was billed for a (pre-04 car with nav) request for directions while driving my 03, when the Tele-Aid folks were giving me what was clearly the wrong directions.

I was in one town asking for directions to another and the only advice I could get was 200 miles out of my way !

I asked the operator if she had any clue and was she looking at a map- she said no- but when she finally agreed to do so- she said "Opps" and I got billed $8.50 for the call. Sure left a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:46 PM

MBenz
RE: marksatex

Hey, I noticed that you have obsedian black car. Same here with me.

Anyway, I'd like to know your opinion about ZAINO.

1. Which ZAINO did you buy for your car?

2. Is ZAINO concept same as WAX? As far as I know, wax will take portion of the paint coat away and it is only advised to do this once every 6-months or a year.

3. I found that it is difficult to maintain this kind of color. I just get it washed and some swirls appear.

Anyone here knows any BayArea detail store that can Zaino my car? I am willing to pay with assurance that the waxing will be perfect.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:48 PM

MBenz
RE: marksatex

Oh, if you have picture of your car please send to : lpolo@sbcglobal.net

I'm interested seeing your extreme white bulb. Want to replace mine too, but don't know which one is good. SOme of them are too bluish ....
Old 02-25-2004, 11:08 PM

04' E500 w/Appear. PKG, Panorama Roof
Check out the detail forums. I have no way to get the pics online as this site keeps refusing them.

Look for www.zaino.com or wwww.zainobros.com.

Zaino is not a wax and really is a CLEAR Coat sealer and polish. It never touches the real paint. I used the entire Zaino system and that is a multi-step process including shampoo, clay-bar, primer, polish and ultra shine gloss enhancer.

As far as swirtls- I have none- none. I refused to accept the car if the dealer washed it so they were careful to not wash it. I use micro fibre towles and the 3 bucket method . Wash in a linear fashion front to back and do not use dirty towles or wash mits.

Too much to say here but believe me it works and it's worth it !. Granted other colors don't show the dirt as fast but to me a dirty car is a dirty car. Just because it's silver doesn't make it look better just because the dirt is not as noticable. If it';s dirty it's still dirty to me.

I will add that using the ZAINO system keeps dirt off as it does not adhere as well tot he finish. Dust is also a lower concern. _ Trick I use Zaino and installed a ceiling fan in the garage- the fan keeps the dust from settling on the car overnight.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Zaino is the polish of choice on this forum.
Check out the detail forum for detailed information on how to apply. The great part is that it it really easy to apply and maintain.

Also, search this forum under "Zaino" to read all the past posts on this subject.