E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

W211 E500, Hazards lights are flashing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 05:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E500
Question W211 E500, Hazards lights are flashing

I have an unknown issue with my W211 E500 Model 2002, imported from Japan, (By the way am new to MBenz world) since i received this car and always when the car is locked the hazards lights gos on and I have to remotely switched off, otherwise it will rain my battery, I did however changed the battery twice in a one and half-year !! I have changed the OVERHEAD ROOF TOP DOME by a recommendations and it solved and after three months the problem return !! I changed the Engine hood locker with sensor yet the problem still there !! now days I have forced to unplug the positive side of the trunk battery !!!

I have been playing around with the all four DOOR CONTACT SWITCH LIGHT switches, and apparently the passenger door has an issue but it's not the switch it self!! let me explain.

I have switch On the OVERHEAD ROOF TOP DOME auto door switch lights (I do not know what else u call it ), however, when it's On the interior lights all of them turn On and when I close all the door, all the lights including the door bottom & seats will be off except the overhead doom lights will be On for a while, that's what is supposed to happen, yet the Passenger door bottom lights remains On even though that I have closed all the door using the remote switch !!

Now on the opposite when I switch Off the front doom door switch lights, simply it will be off. in either way the hazards lights will still flashing

Now I have swapped the DOOR CONTACT SWITCH LIGHT between the driver door and the passenger just to see if it is broken !! Yet it's gives me the same results as before and that confirm the DOOR CONTACT SWITCH LIGHT is fine .

So to recap I can say that It could be this is the issue that keeps the alarm hazards lights flashing, something related to the DOOR CONTACT SWITCH LIGHT of the passenger door, I have no clue what it is, you are the expert, so tell me what do you think? a fuse? where? wire?

Your help and assistant is appreciated.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:57 PM
Out Of Control!!
Veteran: Army

Received 1,056 Likes on 977 Posts
1999 E300TD
I can't give you assistance because you don't have the diagnostic equipment to interrogate the circuits---however a betting man would say you either have a faulty SAM or overhead control module---now mumbo jumbo ***** will come on and start to give you big word advice that will run you in circles and won't cost you a cent and won't solve the problem--so keep fiddeling!!
Old 03-21-2016, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
2009 E550 2000 Honda civic mash n' go
what plutoe said.... to a T
Old 03-22-2016, 02:00 PM

W211 E500
Plutoe,

Thanks for you replay, I have already replaced the overhead control module once and solved for just a while, and for the SAM, I have replaced the one which is in the Trunk!! although both are a second hand one that I bought from ebay... I will ...
Old 03-23-2016, 09:44 AM

W211 E500
any other ideas? .. I'm heading to replace the Front SAM.. as this is the only one that I did not change till now ...
Old 03-23-2016, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
2009 E550 2000 Honda civic mash n' go
and the front sam is what controls your front lights so yeah it may be time to replace that one