E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Phone Kit for W211?? Need helpss here...........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBenz
Phone Kit for W211?? Need helpss here...........

I just realized that hands-free phone features is really necessary for me. Unfortunately, I didn't order this feature when I purchased the car because it is too expensive. Anyone knows if I can work something out in here? Maybe after market products/used kit anything?
Old 03-03-2004, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You can have it installed by the stea.. i mean dealer. They may charge you a premium to do it there versus a factory install.
Good luck.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Thumbs up

fyi i just confirmed last night that some standard, non-mb v60s will work perfectly with the car (just like someone else here mentioned a while back)...
my car has the phone cradle, but i never bought the actual handset from mercedes, and i tried my friends v60 in the car last night and everything worked. My friend was using cingular, meaning my car is wired for cingular's service. Unfoutunately, I use t-mobile and have a year-long agreement with them, so I cannot swictch over.

Does anyone use a v60 from t-mobile that is compatible with their car?? (or know if one will work)

I know there are issues with the way your car is wired and the exact model v60 etc, so it seems like weather or not a particular phone will work in is basically a matter of luck