E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E320 Bluetec Crank No Start.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 10:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W219 CLS63
Unhappy E320 Bluetec Crank No Start.

So there are threads that have discussed a similar problem, but have not had the issue I am having.

The car started perfectly fine a few nights before. Absolutely no problems, didn't choke, nothing out of the ordinary. The next morning I got in to leave my house and the car cranked as it normally would.. but never started. I checked the battery voltage and it came out just fine (didn't think there would be problem with this anyways). I got on with my day and thought I'd come back to the car and figure out the problem later.

I spent a long time trying to figure out what was wrong, I checked several different threads and read through all of them. I originally thought that there was a problem with the fuel pump... but came across something that didn't make sense.

On PelicanParts the page explains how to check the fuel pump. So here's the specific problem: There is no voltage coming from the connector for the fuel pump. The page says to check the fuse and relay after finding no voltage coming through to the fuel pump. So I checked the fuse, used a Fluke Multimeter for the fuse, and then tested the relay with 12v DC and checked the contact. Everything checked out. I even checked the fuel pump connectors and got back a 1ohm reading.

SO, whats going on? Is there a bigger problem Im dealing with? What could be the cause of the lack of voltage going to the fuel pump? Have I done anything wrong?

Last edited by AmmarYasirA; 05-18-2016 at 02:31 AM.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,044 Likes on 967 Posts
1999 E300TD
If what you say is correct, I would first look to the front SAM 15 and 15R relay----take them off one at a time---look at the circuit diagram---apply voltage----do you hear a click---if yes that is good----if no click replace----- does the car start!!

Last edited by Plutoe; 05-18-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:23 PM

W219 CLS63
Will take a loot at these. Just to clarify, these are the relays in the engine bay as kN and kP, correct?
I'll hook them up to a test-set as well and get back to you, thanks a bunch.

Im dying to know what's wrong lol.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,044 Likes on 967 Posts
1999 E300TD
Yes you are correct kN and kP----if it's not one of those relays then it's gottbe an issue with the rail startup fuel pressure.

I am assuming if you knew kN and kP you have access to WIS!!
Old 05-19-2016, 01:46 AM

W219 CLS63
PROBLEM SOLVED:

Ok, so I think I'm just stupid, TOTAL error on my part. I think I looked over things wayyy too quickly and figured out that I was looking at the wrong fuse the entire time for the Fuel Pump. Its Fuse 004 in the trunk for the fuel pump (for the E320 atleast, I'm positive they're the same for other models) . Unless wires are damaged going towards the fuel pump, there shouldn't (I could be wrong) have been any other reason for the lack of voltage going towards the fuel pump.

Plutoe, thanks a bunch for your help. (even though your suggestions were not my problem. Just me being dumb lololol). Also, I do not have WIS, but I used this page to get the correct labels for the relays.

So, for anyone coming across this in the future, DOUBLE CHECK. Dont make the same mistake I did lol. I was almost about to give up and have my car towed to my mechanic. Wouldve been a $200+ mistake (towing/diagnostic expenses) given how far they are from me.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 Mercedes e320
1994 Mercedes e320

I have a 94 e 320 and I have replaced the fuel relay and both pumps but it still wont run. Its starts and will stay running with starting fluid but it acts as if no power is getting to the pumps, they wont even prime what could my issue be?