E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

help replacing front and rear sam modules

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk500
help replacing front and rear sam modules

I took the car to a local indy shop they scanned the car and said no communication fro the front and rear sam modules. I replaced them over the weekend with used modules purchased from ebay. The car started right up but I am still having the same exact issues. How is that possible with different sam modules? Do they need to be programmed? I just find it strange nothing changed and I am having the same problems.

Does anyone know a shop in Maryland/Virginia I can take it to to program the sam modules I installed? Thanks
Old 05-18-2016, 10:59 AM
Out Of Control!!
Veteran: Army

Received 1,056 Likes on 977 Posts
1999 E300TD
Dear mumbo jumbo----a---how do you know that the used crap is any good-----b----how do you know if the used crap is applicable(same part number) to your car-----c----both SAM's need coded(turned on) to the systems on your car to function-----------
now there is a meat head in CA who says in his forum signature that he can preform all sorts of coding without the use of DAS Xentry diagnostics---hopefully he will be able to enlighten you on how to preform the miracle without the proper diagnostic tool!!
Old 05-18-2016, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk500
what exactly will "function" when I have the used sam modules I installed coded to the car? The car acts exactly the same way it did with the original sam modules. I am still seeing display malfunction, brake light, low beam light, srs light illuminating, windows not working and rear taillights flashing. Will programing the sam modules fix that?

The shop wants to install front and rear sam modules for $1500 and that does not guarantee fixing the problems I am having. Right now I spent $200 on the used sam modules I find it hard to believe the sam modules is whats wrong since I replaced them and had no effect
Old 05-18-2016, 02:43 PM
Out Of Control!!
Veteran: Army

Received 1,056 Likes on 977 Posts
1999 E300TD
Find a wiring diagram for the front and rear SAM for your VIN, repeat your VIN and you will learn what voltages and services are controlled by the SAM's once it is coded to your car.

You can find those diagrams by searching by VIN at startek.com