E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Drive Dynamic Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 05:57 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drive Dynamic Seats

I took the car for its first long drive (>250 miles) today. After about an hour I found that the Drive Dyn option turned itself off. I stopped the car and restarted the engine and the seats started behaving normally. They again turned themselves off about an hour.

I'm curious if these seats are designed to reset after a certain length of time or perhaps the software to control these seats was written by Microsoft that requires frequent reboot

On the positive side, I did get 23.4 mph which I thought was pretty impressive.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:06 PM

05 C320 sport coupe
I notice too that sometimes I have to turn on the seats again...I havent pinpointed why they turn off.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:18 PM

Speaking of Drive Dynamic seats....what are your opinions of this option?

I'm debating whether or not to get the Premium Option which includes this option.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Almost a Member!

I think it is a fun option and useful too if you are driving though winding roads. I just wish it stayed on. The other minor annoyance is that you can't set the Drive Dyn option permanently on for the passenger. It resets each time you turn engine off.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 E55
Hmm... I have not noticed mine turning off on their own yet.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:59 PM

MBenz
By the way, what is driver dynamic seats? Sorry that it sounds like an idiot. I have that feature, but never use it. I ever played around with the console and I remembered that it was set for driving dynamic #2. Yet, I don't feel anything in the seats. The only thing I feel is sometimes the seats push my back or something like that. However, it was not significant.
Please help.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:59 PM

MBenz
By the way, what is driver dynamic seats? Sorry that it sounds like an idiot. I have that feature, but never use it. I ever played around with the console and I remembered that it was set for driving dynamic #2. Yet, I don't feel anything in the seats. The only thing I feel is sometimes the seats push my back or something like that. However, it was not significant.
Please help.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Almost a Member!

E500 Black/Charcoal, Appearance and Premium Packages, Keyless Go and Remote Trunk Closer
driver dynamic seats can stay on

when you adjust your seat and are about to save settings to one of the memory settings, be sure to turn on your dynamnic drive seats first and then the seats will come on every time you used your memory seat one setting.

This works for both driver and the passenger seats when setting memory features with active driver seats. You will no longer experience the problem of the seats shuttin themselves off.
Almost a Member!

E500 Black/Charcoal, Appearance and Premium Packages, Keyless Go and Remote Trunk Closer

when you adjust your seat and are about to save settings to one of the memory settings, be sure to turn on your dynamnic drive seats first and then the seats will come on every time you used your memory seat one setting.

This works for both driver and the passenger seats when setting memory features with active driver seats. You will no longer experience the problem of the seats shuttin themselves off.
Almost a Member!

Almost a Member!

Almost a Member!

Old 03-09-2004, 10:50 AM

W220
Question

I am debating on wether to get the Premium pckg as well (that comes with Drive Dynamic seats).
Besides Multicontour and "Massage" feature, how Drive Dynamic seats behave in a real world?

Do you really need to turn VERY hard to see them in action?
Old 03-09-2004, 11:39 AM
Almost a Member!

I find that one does not have to turn very hard at all... IN FACT - the opposite is true. The seats activate for times when one is going around curves and up or down exit ramps, etc.

When one would normall expect "body roll" or leaning the seats inflate and hold the driver in place perfectly.

Conversely, when turning, the car is most likely at a slow speed and the seat inflation ls less noticeable.

I highly recommend the seats. they are wonderful
Old 03-09-2004, 11:46 AM
Almost a Member!

I second the recommendation. They're great!

The seats are quite active and even city driving will activate the seats.

Good luck!
Old 03-09-2004, 01:23 PM

05 C320 sport coupe
Thet are the best, most comfortable seats Ive ever sat in...

High reccomendation...Of all the features, they are my favorite in the car
Old 03-09-2004, 02:40 PM

Glad we got them. They sound pretty good. I know I drove a car equipped with them but I didn't really check them out. Here in Phoenix, I was a lot more interested in the cooling function of the seat.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Almost a Member!

Do the DD seats come with the multi-contor option? I have the MC seats and I hate the lumbar. It sits out too far and is too hard even at the lowest setting for me. I wish I could stick a pin in it and pop the bubble.

Anyone know how to reduce it with a sticking a pin in it?
Old 03-09-2004, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 M6, 05 Noble, 01 S4, Smart ForTwo
Originally posted by cmaustin
Do the DD seats come with the multi-contor option? I have the MC seats and I hate the lumbar. It sits out too far and is too hard even at the lowest setting for me. I wish I could stick a pin in it and pop the bubble.

Anyone know how to reduce it with a sticking a pin in it?
The lumbar is controlled with the "Square" button in the middle of the seat control (right hand reaching down below seat). Up and down is to adjust the height, left and right (you will notice convex and concave bumps) adjust in and out. Mine adjusts perfectly

I love Drive-dynamic, but also notice that sometimes it dissapears sporaticly. Also, sometimes when I romp on the engine, it sqeezes all the way in and stays that way for about 3 minutes.. safety or default, I dont know.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:19 PM

07' E350 4 Matic
I loved those seats! Thou I have experienced them turning off by itself at times. Also I noticed the passenger seat will not activate unless there is people in it.
Old 03-12-2004, 02:37 AM

MBenz
benzboy56

I managed to be able to make dynamic seat to stay on at driver side everytime I start the engine. I didn't remember how I did that, but everytime I start the engine the dynamic seat on the driver side turn on automatically and never turning off.

However, I've tried your suggestion on passenger side, and it didn't work. I start the engine and the driver side is still off and it needs to wait until I hit the dynamic button. Please let me know if I am missing something here such as: i need to put the key, turn on the engine, etc. to setup the dynamic seat.

Help. Again it only works on driver side (didn't remember how i did it), but didn't work on passenger side.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:45 AM

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
I think you can make the setting for the DD seats "stick" by setting the seat memory while the DD setting is on. I think it is one of the settings that gets remembered.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:47 PM
Almost a Member!

04 E55 tectite grey/charcol....traded 01 E55
The drive dynamic seats are fun...almost feels like the seats are alive. I programed the drivers seat to stay "on". I've taken a few long road trips and they always seem to stay activated. The passenger seat needs to be activated each time.

jeff

04 E55 tectite grey- panoramic roof, solar power,automatic trunk closure,parktronic,rear/side sun shades,xenon,dynamic seats,heated-ventilated seats.
02 BMW M3 convert. steel grey
03 Honda element (winter car-talk about ugly!)
03 Segway
Old 03-23-2004, 12:00 AM

2004 E500
What is the difference between setting #1 and #2 for the drive dynamic seats? I'm set on 2. Is that "stronger"?
Old 03-23-2004, 09:26 AM

W220
Smile

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drive Dynamic Seats