Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,470 Likes on 1,150 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by Roop94
hmmm, that also makes me question some things, on my side lol

not sure if they would be DOT approved since they are all aftermarket. Idk abt HID but the stock halogen projectors dont hold the LEDs, because the clips/adapters are slightly narrower from its middle opening because of small sized halogen bulbs. Whereas not sure if all, LEDs are a little thicker so ima need new pair of clips/adapters to stick them in their place.

As CDIJeff said, i might go for E55 projectors if that's the only solution if keeping those LEDs in place with new clips wont work for me.

I kinda hate it that when i got my E350, why didn't i know about the facelift of it in 07 08 models lol they come with bi-xenon and a lot of other features. some of the looks are just...........!!!!
Yeah, did you know about the balance shaft problem that all 06 E350's have? Not all of them end up failing though, maybe 10-20%. You might want to save your money in case that pops up and the SBC problem is just a matter of time unless you already got it replaced.

I knew I wanted xenons so I only looked for cars that had them. The headlamp washers are also fun. They auto level and they also do active curve illumination, they swivel up to 12 degrees when you're on a turn. Works pretty well, really noticeable on an on/off ramp, it lights up the road, not the guard rail.