E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Dead battery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 Eclass, 03 BMW 06 Porsche Cayman S, 03 Harley Davidson "bored & stroked"
Unhappy Dead battery

after 11 months of using the automatic headlight function, I decided to use the driving/fog lamps in the rain today in Wash DC. Ready to go home, down in the garage and push the unlock button and, nothing. Walk around the car pressing the button, nothing. Use manual key, unlock door (alarm should sound) nothing, I left the lights on and the battery(s) are/is dead. Called roadside assistance waiting for tech to call and give me a jump. TO BE CONTINUED TOMORROW.....
Old 04-01-2004, 06:09 PM

2013 GL550
Don't feel bad - I did the same thing. Left the parking and fogs on while I played a round of golf. Crappy round of golf followed by a dead battery. After a jump start from Roadside Assistance the car was fine. Took about 20 minutes of driving to make the "Electrical consumers turned off" message to go away.

Bruce
Old 04-02-2004, 08:39 AM

03 Eclass, 03 BMW 06 Porsche Cayman S, 03 Harley Davidson "bored & stroked"
Thanks for the support Bruce. Roadside assistance did there part I was back on the road in 50 minutes. Yeah I was a little concerned because the "Malfunction electrical consumers switched off" display remained after 15 miles of driving, so I hit the SOS button, they confirmed that it would go out after "a full cycle of driving" not sure what that means, but after going to the store the message was gone. I was debating on renewing Teleaid, but now I think I will...